Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M16 Camo Stahlhelm. Real or faked?

Article about: Ian..IMO even without a liner its worth that ! these cammo helmets are climbing in price, high prices at that....the liner could be a replacement or not I would need closer photos especially

Default Re: M16 Camo Stahlhelm. Real or faked?

Ian..IMO even without a liner its worth that ! these cammo helmets are climbing in price, high prices at that....the liner could be a replacement or not I would need closer photos especially of the rear of the liner pads to determine. I have just sold my M17 with original Cammo paint to a good collector friend, it was a shell with the original pins and liner band...I sold it for £350 ! a dealer price could be near double that these days !
    Prost ! Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Camo Stahlhelm. Real or faked?
    P
    Many

?

Looks like a good period camo paint job.

?

The shell and paint seem to be original, but rather worn out... I doubt the liner is ok, but as said before, better pics are needed.

Adler

Hello chaps,

the seller has responded with closer pics of the helmet but stupidly I forget to ask him for close-ups of the liner. Will try again. Any further thoughts?

M16 Camo Stahlhelm. Real or faked?M16 Camo Stahlhelm. Real or faked?M16 Camo Stahlhelm. Real or faked?M16 Camo Stahlhelm. Real or faked?M16 Camo Stahlhelm. Real or faked?M16 Camo Stahlhelm. Real or faked?M16 Camo Stahlhelm. Real or faked?M16 Camo Stahlhelm. Real or faked?

Cheers,

Ian.

Hello chaps,

these are the pics of the liner and pads. Any further thoughts?

M16 Camo Stahlhelm. Real or faked?M16 Camo Stahlhelm. Real or faked?M16 Camo Stahlhelm. Real or faked?M16 Camo Stahlhelm. Real or faked?M16 Camo Stahlhelm. Real or faked?

Cheers,

Ian.

Ian....its got a good chance of being a genuine liner, I like its construction, the pads and pillows look correct, the patina is good as the shrinkage one would expect to see on a liner in a helmet of this age..however that said it could be a period replacement (to replace lost or damaged item) see photo 4 another liner pin position is clearly visible...and a smaller one to boot ! however, I would take the chance and buy at the price quoted !
    Prost ! Steve.

Thanks for your input Steve it's greatly appreciated I can tell you. Can I also ask how easy or difficult is it finding good, honest replacement chin-straps for these helmet's?

Cheers,

Ian.

Liner looks like an original to me. The wear is convincing, note the blackened areas in the 2nd photo. I would go for this one.

Reproduction chinstraps are easily found...but original chinstraps are hardly ever found for sale. Congratulations on your Stahlhelm, it's a keeper for sure!
    cheers, Glenn

That liner looks honest to me, i like this helmet a lot!....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast