Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M16 Garde Helmet - BF 62 - With Personalization

Article about: This Garde helmet was mailed home by Lt. Stricklin, of the Allied Expeditionary Force, A.P.O. 740, to his wife in Groesbeck Texas (current population 4307). I wonder how they fared after the

Default M16 Garde Helmet - BF 62 - With Personalization

This Garde helmet was mailed home by Lt. Stricklin, of the Allied Expeditionary Force, A.P.O. 740, to his wife in Groesbeck Texas (current population 4307). I wonder how they fared after the Great War - "How are you gonna keep "em on the farm...". After I took the pictures this morning I punched "A.P.O. 740" into google, and found Private O'Leary's letter to his sister that describes an action on the Marne in July 1918 where men from A.P.O. 740 met Garde units in battle. Unfortunately, this one wasn't well stored for many years - the liner was partially eaten by rodents and truly is a rat - but the mail home information and the HS shield spoke to me and I had to buy it. Hope you like it. Cheers, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16 Garde Helmet - BF 62 - With Personalization   M16 Garde Helmet - BF 62 - With Personalization  

M16 Garde Helmet - BF 62 - With Personalization   M16 Garde Helmet - BF 62 - With Personalization  

M16 Garde Helmet - BF 62 - With Personalization   M16 Garde Helmet - BF 62 - With Personalization  

M16 Garde Helmet - BF 62 - With Personalization  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Garde Helmet - BF 62 - With Personalization
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M16 Garde Helmet - BF 62 - With Personalization

Great find. Even with rodent damage to the liner it is a hard helmet to find. The shell is in good condition.

I just love that Jim thanks for showing Sir.

Eric

Nice helmet!!!

Regards

Very interresting helmet you got there,alot of history very good collection piece Jim.

Chris

A great piece...............!
    Regards,

Steve.

Another great helmet

That's a very nice piece. I've been looking for one at least that nice for my collection for some time. Guess I'll have to buckle down and pay the piper.

One I found in the National WW1 museum in KC MO love these.

Eric
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16 Garde Helmet - BF 62 - With Personalization  

That is actually a Berndorfer, often referred to as a M17 Hungarian helmet. They are fairly rare - I think they are great pieces. Here are a few shots of mine. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16 Garde Helmet - BF 62 - With Personalization   M16 Garde Helmet - BF 62 - With Personalization  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast