Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M16 Helmet liner info

Article about: I just received this helmet (stamped W 66). The liner has "BA XIII 1916" stamped on it. Any info on what this represents would be appreciated. Thanks.

?

Default M16 Helmet liner info

I just received this helmet (stamped W 66). The liner has "BA XIII 1916" stamped on it. Any info on what this represents would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16 Helmet liner info   M16 Helmet liner info  

M16 Helmet liner info  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Helmet liner info
    P
    Many

Default Re: M16 Helmet liner info

Can't help regarding the stamp, but that is one nice lid! Congrat's. Jim G.

Same goes for me, Pablo - this is one really great helmet................!

'Oradour Steve' should be able to tell you what the stamping means.
    Regards,

Steve.

It looks to be an acceptance stamp from the 13th Army Corp with the date it was accepted.. A very fine looking helmet, Congradulations.

Anton
    Last edited by AntonEbans; 03-24-2011 at 11:55 PM.

Pablo, nice original M16 Stahlhelm !, great paint, "W 66" is the maker mark for "Hermann Weissenburger & Co." of Stuttgart-Canstatt, they only made size 66 M16 shells !.... I have a similiar marked helmet in my collection.... "B.A XIII" = Bekleidungs-Amt (Clothing store) 13th Army Corps, Wurttemburg area with its HQ at Stuttgart. Therefore the helmet was sourced locally !
    Hope that helps,
    Prost ! Steve.

?

That is a fantastic helmet, nice score man!

?

[QUOTE=oradour;259794]Pablo, nice original M16 Stahlhelm !, great paint, "W 66" is the maker mark for "Hermann Weissenburger & Co." of Stuttgart-Canstatt, they only made size 66 M16 shells !.... I have a similiar marked helmet in my collection.... "B.A XIII" = Bekleidungs-Amt (Clothing store) 13th Army Corps, Wurttemburg area with its HQ at Stuttgart. Therefore the helmet was sourced locally !
    Hope that helps,
    Prost ! Steve.

Many thanks Steve for the interesting info. I can always count on this forum to provide interesting stuff. I purchased the helmet based on photos thru emails and was pleasantly surprised with what I actually got.

?

Default m16 helmet info

M16 Helmet liner infoM16 Helmet liner infoM16 Helmet liner infoM16 Helmet liner infoM16 Helmet liner info

picked this up yesterday in a small shop near Ligny-Thilloy (The Somme) in France. Thoughts?

?

The Kaisers Bunker has a section on markings. I have found it useful on Pickelhaub markings. Should be the same thing on helmets.

?

Welcome to the site Slams,
    A new post would have been appropriate for your question. No harm No foul.
    I am by no means an expert on your new pick up, But with the pitting that seems from the pic's covers the helm .What I see is that the elements have corroded the steel yet have not effected the leather. Not possible. The liner I would suspect was a recent replacement. The experts will be along shortly to express their opinions and thoughts
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 07-23-2015 at 03:41 AM.