Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

M16 - K64 - Interesting Scrape on the Shell

Article about: I just picked this one up. I didn't need another M16, and certainly not one with a missing rivet, partial repaired chin strap, and rat liner. It does have remnants of a mail home label on th

Default M16 - K64 - Interesting Scrape on the Shell

I just picked this one up. I didn't need another M16, and certainly not one with a missing rivet, partial repaired chin strap, and rat liner. It does have remnants of a mail home label on the top of the shell, which I like, but I was intrigued by the scratches on the shell behind the rear vent lug. What do you all think - maybe the remains of a Hohenzollern shield? The last 2 shots are one of my Foot Guard helmets for comparison. The shields were hand painted, and had some variations in size and shape. All comments welcome. Hope you like it, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16 - K64 - Interesting Scrape on the Shell   M16 - K64 - Interesting Scrape on the Shell  

M16 - K64 - Interesting Scrape on the Shell   M16 - K64 - Interesting Scrape on the Shell  

M16 - K64 - Interesting Scrape on the Shell   M16 - K64 - Interesting Scrape on the Shell  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 - K64 - Interesting Scrape on the Shell
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M16 - K64 - Interesting Scrape on the Shell

Hi Jim, it certainly appears to be similar to your other lid and would make sense, its obviously hand painted which would account for the larger than normal size, but i like it, NOW CAN YOU TELL ME WHICH BANK YOU KEEP ROBBING TO GET A HELMET EVERY TWO WEEKS, they must really be getting fed up being hit all the time lol