Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M16 sized 60 Steel banded little guy.

Article about: Here’s a little ET60 M16 made by Eisenhuttenwerk AG, Thale Harz. Appearing oversized the deeper stepped air vents look somewhat comical but were a practicality so as to accommodate the ste

Default M16 sized 60 Steel banded little guy.

Here’s a little ET60 M16 made by Eisenhuttenwerk AG, Thale Harz.

Appearing oversized the deeper stepped air vents look somewhat comical but were a practicality so as to accommodate the steel strinpanzer which was only made in one size.

Unfortunately this one had no liner but gives a good idea of what the inside of a field used M16 appears like without one. I believe this one has been scrubbed at some point in its life and may have even been painted post WW1 as a few areas show reddish paint, however, being rarer in this the smallest size I’m happy to have it in the collection until I can upgrade.

Hope you enjoy.
    Andy

M16 sized 60 Steel banded little guy.M16 sized 60 Steel banded little guy.M16 sized 60 Steel banded little guy.M16 sized 60 Steel banded little guy.M16 sized 60 Steel banded little guy.M16 sized 60 Steel banded little guy.M16 sized 60 Steel banded little guy.M16 sized 60 Steel banded little guy.M16 sized 60 Steel banded little guy.M16 sized 60 Steel banded little guy.M16 sized 60 Steel banded little guy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 sized 60 Steel banded little guy.
    P
    Many

A very interesting and nice looking helmet, thank you for showing

MAP
    ?

A nice one and a good pick up Andy. Love those "horns" sticking out!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

These smaller Pots are of little or no value. Owning one makes you less of a man (I learned this from MAP...LOL JK). Hate when people say that S.

Nothing "small" about this guy. Looks actually huge in the pictures and a true artifact of WW1 in every sense of the word. Nice one Andy

People must have had pointier heads back then. Ive attached a picture of a Veteran of the Battle of Ancre here ....colorized

M16 sized 60 Steel banded little guy.

Ha ha ;)

Funnily enough it only looks small next to 66 and up. Wish there was an even smaller size like a 58 or something. That would be comical.

Andy

M16 helmets - really size 60 is one of the best to have because of the huge lugs.
    There seem to be more 60/62 from WW1 - maybe people's heads were just smaller?

Anyway, a great helmet mate.

nick

Thanks Nick! Yeah, I think people were smaller in general which is quite apparent when you see the sizes of some of the uniforms etc. I saw the stats somewhere the other day but can’t find them now anyway I believe the sized 60’s represented the lowest % of German Steel helmets pressed in WW1. I’ve only seen two for sale in the last few years and one was spray painted blue. Have seen a lot more 62’s.

Andy