Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M16 Stalhelm Worth it? Camo

Article about: Hello everyone, I've been busy lately hunting down those mortar shells and "Chinese Welcome Flags" on Facebook Marketplace and think I've found another oddity. This appears to have

Default M16 Stalhelm Worth it? Camo

Hello everyone,

I've been busy lately hunting down those mortar shells and "Chinese Welcome Flags" on Facebook Marketplace and think I've found another oddity. This appears to have had some camo paint at some point, but I'm no expert. It's rough. Seller is asking $175. What do you folks think? Any ideas on the authenticity of the camo that appears to be there (may very well not be). Thanks so much everyone and best wishes! M16 Stalhelm Worth it? Camo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Stalhelm Worth it? Camo
    P
    Many

The camo does not appear to be period IMHO. I would wait for a correct item if I was paying that much.
    John

Cannot tell if the remaining paint is period done. Agree with above post....save the $175 & look for something more appealing & convincing.

MAP
    ?

All depends on how much $ you have to spend IMHO. Some people want complete helmets. Others are OK with just a Relic or shell. Many different levels of collecting.

That said, no verification can be made based on the quality of photos. I wouldn't take a chance unless you get much better detailed photos in much better resolution.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

On the other hand, as a friend would say - Go find one !
    Even a plain shell without the band would be slightly
    more here. If you can talk it down to $150, I don't
    see it breaking the bank. As for the camo, if it's
    a re-issue lid, then the paint is newer.........
    Regards,

Steve.

If I were to place a bet on this helmet, my bet would say that it once had another coat of paint on it, and someone used a chemical paint stripper to remove that other coat of paint the helmet had on the exterior. I've seen lots of helmets over the years where people used a chemical paint remover on them, and this helmet looks exactly like that has been done to it at some point of time in the past. (usually people do this to WW2 German helmets to see if there is a decal underneath, or for whatever other reason they decide to apply paint stripper to a helmet shell and wreck the helmet.) Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Alan