MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M17 Camo Bring-Back from a 30th Division WW1 US Veteran

Article about: Here's an ET64 M17 Camo helmet I just picked up from the family of a WW1 US 30th Division Vet. It has one pad intact, and appears to have the German veteran's name and unit penciled onto the

?

Great haul Alan!

Adler

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M17 Camo Bring-Back from a 30th Division WW1 US Veteran
    P
    Many

Thanks for your very nice comments gentlemen, I appreciate it!

By member relicz (John)
    I don't think black is a segment color,....It looks like dark green. Just black separation lines.
    By member AZPhil (Phil)
    I agree with John(relicz) about the color looking dark green when I zoom in. But you have it in hand and can tell more than I.
    Yes, I do agree now that it has been mentioned that the dark panels are probably a very dark green color. They appear almost black to me. I can see the shade distinction in the photos between the black border lines and the dark panels. (I'm not color blind, but do have a hard time distinguishing the difference between black and some very dark navy blue colors sometimes, and the dark color that makes up one of the panel colors on this helmet as well).

By member MAP
    Did you get the whole lot?

By member Neil Hever
    In the other photos I saw a German gas mask canister, ID tag and what looks like a helmet pad. NH
    By member ynot (Tony)
    Did you get the whole box or just the M17? Some great stuff there.
    The dog tag is for a soldier in a different unit, unfortunately. It's still a very nice dog tag for a German soldier.

As much as it kills me to see WW1 groups such as this broken up, I did not buy the German gasmask or the Prussian buckle & belt, or the US 30th Division helmet. They wanted too much for the other individual items. Plus the fact that I've also spent a lot of money on this helmet and the recent Prussian Paymaster pickelhaube with field cover that I bought a week ago from another family. Unfortunately I can't buy it all, and my pockets are pretty shallow right now, dipping into savings to buy this helmet & the pickelhaube.

Best Regards,

Alan

?

Hi Alan. Very nice find. I may have to add one of these camo helmets to my small Imperial collection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2