Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M17 camo trench helmet

Article about: Hi Guys, I mainly collect Third Reich items but have recently started to take an interest in First World War imperial germany. (Much to my wifes annoyance) I picked this trench helmet up abo

?

Default M17 camo trench helmet

Hi Guys,
    I mainly collect Third Reich items but have recently started to take an interest in First World War imperial germany. (Much to my wifes annoyance) I picked this trench helmet up about two months ago and hope you like it.

Many Thanks by the way to our forum chum ORADOUR for his kind advice and guidance whilst selecting this helmet.

Cheers

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M17 camo trench helmet   M17 camo trench helmet  

M17 camo trench helmet   M17 camo trench helmet  

M17 camo trench helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M17 camo trench helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: M17 camo trench helmet

Nice shell. These helmets look really nice!

Nice helmet,just like you I really only collect ww2 stuff but I do collect ww1 German helmets.
    Just bought myself a camo helmet ,I should get it next week.

Hi Andy, a good honest example (and these helmets are faked at lot.) and nice to see.

Cheers, Ade.

Very nice example , cheers Raymond

?

Hi Chaps and thank you for your interest and kind words!! It's a shame the shell has lost it's liner but it displays well..

Cricketchris I Hope You will post pictures of your helmet when it arrives.. I would love to see it

Thanks Guys
    Andy

?

Nice piece of history Andy !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Andy, nice M17 cammo ! super colours/lines, like it ! looks to be a size 64, has it any mm/size on the inside skirt near to the M91 chinstrap lug, should look like for example "ET64". Chris, post your helmet on when it arrives, plus any other members post your Imperial M16/17 & 18 Helmets.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    Andy, nice M17 cammo ! super colours/lines, like it ! looks to be a size 64, has it any mm/size on the inside skirt near to the M91 chinstrap lug, should look like for example "ET64". Chris, post your helmet on when it arrives, plus any other members post your Imperial M16/17 & 18 Helmets.
    Prost ! Steve.
    You got it Steve! It's an ET64. The stamp is faint due to the passage of time (rust).

Cheers Guys
    Andy

Andy, "ET"...Eisenhuettenwerke Thale A.G., Thale /Harz, they made sizes 60-68, there will also be a lot/rolling mill number in the inside crown, I have noticed ET marked helmets, usually have steel that was milled by Stahlwerk Röchling (steel works),Volkingen, thus the number will start with "R", have a look....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Last edited by oradour; 10-17-2010 at 02:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast