Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M17 camo trench helmet

Article about: Hi Guys, I mainly collect Third Reich items but have recently started to take an interest in First World War imperial germany. (Much to my wifes annoyance) I picked this trench helmet up abo

?

Default Re: M17 camo trench helmet

Quote by oradour View Post
    Andy, "ET"...Eisenhuettenwerke Thale A.G., Thale /Harz, they made sizes 60-68, there will also be a lot/rolling mill number in the inside crown, I have noticed ET marked helmets, usually have steel that was milled by Stahlwerk Röchling (steel works),Volkingen, thus the number will start with "R", have a look....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Hi Steve, I looked for the roll number when it arrived. I expected it to be in the dome as that's where it is in my transitional helmets. Unfortunately, can't see the number at all. I believe this is due to slight pitting.

Cheers
    Andy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M17 camo trench helmet
    P
    Many

I will , cant wait to get it.

M17 camo trench helmetM17 camo trench helmetM17 camo trench helmetM17 camo trench helmetM17 camo trench helmetM17 camo trench helmet

?

Very nice Chris!!! Love the colours. I would love to see a whole bunch of them together to compare the camo patterns. Anyone got any pics??

Cheers
    Andy

Quote by BLONDI View Post
    Very nice Chris!!! Love the colours. I would love to see a whole bunch of them together to compare the camo patterns. Anyone got any pics??

Cheers
    Andy
    Thank you .too bad the guy who had it before lackered the helmet to keep it in good condition.I was going to pass on it because of that but the guy sold it for a very low price so I bought it.
    Those camo helmet are great they all look so different from each other.

Chris, nice helmet, either a model 16 or 17 (cant tell which due to liner missing), again an "ET" mm, cant make out the size, but it will either be a 62 or 64. Nice to see another cammo without the regulation "finger width" black lines....heres mine, mm 'GL66' made by 'Gebruder Gnuchtel, Lauter, Sachsen (Saxony), not a common maker, the helmet is typically marked with a heating lot code on inside crown, 'Bi 590' indicating that the steel used in the manufacture of this helmet was made at the rolling mill at "Oberschlesien, Bismackhutte". Although shown before on this site, I think appropriate here, amongst these other "Cammos" ! Note where some numpty in the past has placed a repro decal on the side, I have left the residue, as I am fearful of damaging the paint finish if I try to remove it, which is fragile.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M17 camo trench helmet   M17 camo trench helmet  

M17 camo trench helmet   M17 camo trench helmet  

Chris, I'd say yours is a 64 from the steps on the lugs. Nice helmet. Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Chris, I'd say yours is a 64 from the steps on the lugs. Nice helmet. Jim G.
    Yes it is a ET64.Just had a better look this morning.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Chris, nice helmet, either a model 16 or 17 (cant tell which due to liner missing), again an "ET" mm, cant make out the size, but it will either be a 62 or 64. Nice to see another cammo without the regulation "finger width" black lines....heres mine, mm 'GL66' made by 'Gebruder Gnuchtel, Lauter, Sachsen (Saxony), not a common maker, the helmet is typically marked with a heating lot code on inside crown, 'Bi 590' indicating that the steel used in the manufacture of this helmet was made at the rolling mill at "Oberschlesien, Bismackhutte". Although shown before on this site, I think appropriate here, amongst these other "Cammos" ! Note where some numpty in the past has placed a repro decal on the side, I have left the residue, as I am fearful of damaging the paint finish if I try to remove it, which is fragile.....
    Very nice helmet,I would not try to remove the left of the decal it could damage the camo and it looks great like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2