Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

M17 German Helmet and Gas Mask

Article about: I recently acquired this WW1 German helmet and gas mask. There are remnants of the liner pads behind the steel liner band, an ET64 with only one chinstrap helmet attachment. Has a unique vet

?

Default M17 German Helmet and Gas Mask

I recently acquired this WW1 German helmet and gas mask. There are remnants of the liner pads behind the steel liner band, an ET64 with only one chinstrap helmet attachment. Has a unique vet inscription, "Vimy 1917" on the forehead and what appears to be very old and embedded dirt or mud residue on the outside shell.
    The mask is in really great shape with no rips, tears or stains. All straps and strings are in tact. The canister is missing the strap and has a significant amount of rust. It came with an extra set of gelatin lenses and a pack of french matches.

Hope you find this combo as interesting as I do. Thanks for looking.

M17 German  Helmet and Gas MaskM17 German  Helmet and Gas MaskM17 German  Helmet and Gas MaskM17 German  Helmet and Gas MaskM17 German  Helmet and Gas MaskM17 German  Helmet and Gas MaskM17 German  Helmet and Gas MaskM17 German  Helmet and Gas MaskM17 German  Helmet and Gas Mask

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M17 German  Helmet and Gas Mask
    P
    Many

that's very nice.

nice and so rare to see one of these early type masks and in what appears to be in remarkable condition for nearly 100 years old many congrats on both items............Jake.

Hi , those are very nice pieces you have there! I especially like the French matches , a real "period" feel is added to this group by them. Leon.

?

Default French Matches

Thanks Leon, I think you're right, the matches add a bit of human element to the set. Here are pics of the flipside of the matchbox. Cheers, Keith
    M17 German  Helmet and Gas MaskM17 German  Helmet and Gas Mask

I really like that group! Do you display them together like this, or was it just a photo op?

?

Quote by Nathan362 View Post
    I really like that group! Do you display them together like this, or was it just a photo op?
    thanks Nathan,
    I have the helmet and mask displayed together pretty much always. they work better together rather than as separate pieces. Cheers

Quote by birkie View Post
    thanks Nathan,
    I have the helmet and mask displayed together pretty much always. they work better together rather than as separate pieces. Cheers
    I have to agree. I have a ww2 set up the same way. It would be neat to have this next to it!

That's a very good condition gas mask. Nice setup!