Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M17 Ledermaske named to Rottig

Article about: An M17 Ledermaske named to soldier Rottig. The feldgrau can is in nice condition with signs of wear such as chipping etc blending in with the overall patina. Named to soldier Rottig 3 times;

Default M17 Ledermaske named to Rottig

An M17 Ledermaske named to soldier Rottig.

The feldgrau can is in nice condition with signs of wear such as chipping etc blending in with the overall patina. Named to soldier Rottig 3 times; once on the lid, once on the can strap marked faintly on a label, and lastly on the mask itself also on label. Inside the can lid still sits a set of spare lenses with instruction for use.

The ledermaske in the can has been there for 2 years since I purchased it and I’m hesitant to remove it as it is a bit of a time capsule piece in its current state. So for the purpose of this shoot I’ve photographed it with another example that I also have in my Imperial Collection. This particular mask is in great overall condition and retains all parts including the chord. Pictured along with the items is a feldgrau buckle which looks to be unissued or to have had little use.

This one has been posted before but not properly.

Andy

M17 Ledermaske named to RottigM17 Ledermaske named to RottigM17 Ledermaske named to RottigM17 Ledermaske named to RottigM17 Ledermaske named to RottigM17 Ledermaske named to RottigM17 Ledermaske named to RottigM17 Ledermaske named to RottigM17 Ledermaske named to Rottig

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M17 Ledermaske named to Rottig
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Very nice Andy! The B/W photo looks great.

I would leave it untouched as well....but there might be a nice Pour Le Merit sitting in the bottom of the can!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Lol MAP.....what am I to do now!? Could even be a small water colour painting named to an A.Hitler!!

I probably couldn’t get it in as neatly eleven if I tried..

Andy

It's sparking my curiosity too as I see a hint of the name on the mask strap itself. Now I'd want to know if he has full name and maybe unit there too.

BlackCat, all of the labels are named to Rottig.

Andy

A super nice named cannister & gasmask, congratulations Andy!

Best Wishes,

Alan

I located 19 souls named Rottig listed as casualties, or captured but of these only three caught my attention as their fate occurred after April 1918, the issue date on the spare lenses in the mask.

Franz Rottig became a POW in May 1918, Ernst Rottig captured in August 1918. Then one Heinrich Rottig listed as lightly wounded in September 1918.

Just found Karl Rottig as killed June 1918 on the VDK database.

Thanks very much for that BlackCat. I will examine the mask and can again and see if I can see any initials.i actually haven’t had it out since I bought it but the original seller had.
    Andy