Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M18 helmet for oppinion

Article about: A second look, could very well be the origin ;-) It is so hard, when it comes to colors, different light and shade, different cameras etc. but thanks for noticing it Ade, I wouldn't have gue

A second look, could very well be the origin ;-)

It is so hard, when it comes to colors, different light and shade, different cameras etc. but thanks for noticing it Ade, I wouldn't have guessed on a transitional police ;-)

Mfg
    Marc

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M18 helmet for oppinion
    P
    Many

I saw this one up for sale , and it has the exact same light grey color inside at the liner band as mine !!

Mfg
    Marc

M18 helmet for oppinion

M18 helmet for oppinion

M18 helmet for oppinion

Ps it seems to have 5 rivets !? Any suggestions ?

Hi this could be a Finnish used helmet you find extra rivets fitted to some of their helmets

Ok , I wasn't aware of that possibility !

It is for sale I Germany, but that doesn't count, it could be a Finnish helmet for that matter ;-)

Mfg
    Marc

?

Marc
    Initially m16's were painted field/grey some m17's too although most were done in green/grey especially when refitted and ink stamped this is also true of the m18. After early helmets they are to be found in the two shades bare in mind field/grey turns a so called greenie by collectors over time, handling oiling etc.

This is why I enjoy leather banded m16's still retaining their original liners even if damaged. You can still see the factory colour behind the band in most cases. I wouldn't jump to quick conclusions because a helmet has a lighter shade grey on the interior from the top of the band and in the dome that it is fake finished.

Eric

Thanks Eric,

I can't be clever on this color .
    It obviously used to have this light grey all over, and then hand painted green, except the inside of dome.

Mfg
    Marc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2