Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M95 Oldenburg Pickelhaube

Article about: Here’s a rare pickelhaube for your revieuw… It’s a Model 1895 Officer’s Pickelhaube for Oldenburg FAR 62 (Ostfriesisches Feld-Artillerie-Regt. Nr.62 (Oldenburg-Osnabrück) X Armee Korps). Old

?

Default M95 Oldenburg Pickelhaube

Here’s a rare pickelhaube for your revieuw… It’s a Model 1895 Officer’s Pickelhaube for Oldenburg FAR 62 (Ostfriesisches Feld-Artillerie-Regt. Nr.62 (Oldenburg-Osnabrück) X Armee Korps).
    Oldenburg was a part of the German empire and because it was rather small, they had no army of their own.
    The Oldenburgisches Infanterie Regiment Nr. 91, the Oldenburgisches Dragoner Regt Nr. 19 and the Ostfriesisches Feld-Artillerie-Regt. Nr. 62 were engaged on the western and the eastern front as well.

Adler
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M95 Oldenburg Pickelhaube   M95 Oldenburg Pickelhaube  

M95 Oldenburg Pickelhaube   M95 Oldenburg Pickelhaube  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M95 Oldenburg Pickelhaube
    P
    Many

Default Re: M95 Oldenburg Pickelhaube

I like it,but it doe's not look old enough,undecided.

?

WOW!! How did you go back in time to get something that pristine.That has no wear what so ever.The leather on that looks outstanding.
    So whats the story behind this Haube?

Looks to me like a decent repro replica. Well made, but I can't believe that the leather liner would be in that immaculate of condition and the leather helmet body hasn't the least indication of age shrinkage or crazing at all. The brass finish on the Kugel is far too lustery also. It would look fine on a shelf, but I do not believe it's a genuine and period helmet.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Great helmet.
    The sweet band looks like it has never been on a head which may be a concern
    but given your knowledge of hauben I am sure you would know if it were bad.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Thanks for your comments gentlemen!

Looks to me like a decent repro replica. Well made, but I can't believe that the leather liner would be in that immaculate of condition and the leather helmet body hasn't the least indication of age shrinkage or crazing at all. The brass finish on the Kugel is far too lustery also. It would look fine on a shelf, but I do not believe it's a genuine and period helmet.
    Do you rate originality on condition only or can you add some sort of proof for your statement? Because something is mint, it's not original for you or am I seeing this wrong?

Adler 1

I'm a fan. This is in superb condition..........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Wouah!I like it, I suppose the plaque is goldened and silvered? All isfine, details....

Quote by Adler View Post
    Thanks for your comments gentlemen!

Do you rate originality on condition only or can you add some sort of proof for your statement? Because something is mint, it's not original for you or am I seeing this wrong?

Adler 1
    Like I said, it's very well made, but, for Me, at least, the condition is Too mint. From the appearance, I can see no indication at all that it ever sat on anyone's sweaty head or was ever handled at all in over a century of time since it was made. There are no finger marks that can be seen on either of the rims and the kugel has obviously not been handled or it would have lost that incredibly shining finish as well. The gilding on the kugel and front plate is as bright and blazing golden as the day it was applied. The painted kokards show not the slightest sign of scraping from the chinscales being moved or adjusted. It's hard to imagine the leather body-as well as the leather sweatband not shrinking in the least over a hundred years passing...so, yes-in this case, I would judge it by it's appearance. It's either a superbly made replica or else it's a world class museum piece that's been in a constant climate controlled environment and rarely if ever handled-and then only with gloved hands. If it's the latter, it is, indeed, an incredible helmet and it's like is not soon to be seen again in any collection of note anywhere, and congratulations on owning it are absolutely in order. But, of course, then again....maybe you just take Too good of pictures! lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi William. After 1916 and the introduction of the Stahlhelm, I don't think these were
    ever worn much again - except by a few die-hard types or on formal occasions.

But you are right - it does not look as crumpled and beat up as the one I remember
    sitting on a teachers desk in public school, way back in the early 60's. But this one
    has been well looked after or stored away most of it's existence.

I have a mint RCAF officer's cap that was given to me by a neighbour, which sat
    in a hat box in a closet for my entire life of 54 years and more until the guy
    decided to part with it.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast