Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The madness of E-Bay !

Article about: Gents, I have just watched this rather tatty M10 Feldmutze with out cockades sell for \\$263 (£167).....I have in the past 24 hrs bought an example in better condition from one of my favourite

Default Re: The madness of E-Bay !

Its always worth looking for items on e-bay that have been put under the wrong section. They attract little attention, and can be picked up for next to nothing.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Its always worth looking for items on e-bay that have been put under the wrong section. They attract little attention, and can be picked up for next to nothing.
    Harry, agreed !.......dont get me wrong, there are still bargains to be had, and I still purchase/bid on that site, however IMO it is not as lucrative as it used to be...my advice is to not allways rely on auction sites, but to have other avenues to explore, ''the thrill of the hunt !''...as you have said in the past, a great number of dealers are not untrustworthy, and their webites provide some great prowsing and often turn up some gems.....

3mk
    ?

I remember before I had a paypal account I would just lurk on ebay to see what kind of items are on it, Now I regret not buying any of them and this was only 2-3 years ago

Also, That tattered ? If that was a Polish cap Polish collectors would call that almost mint

You really have to keep mental notes of what the pieces you are interested in
    sell for in the marketplace. Going to shows and scanning the Net are
    good ways to do this.

I like Harry's Idea, of finding mislabled items that no one bids on.
    It has worked for me in the past as well........
    ( Screw-back unmarked WWI EKI - $86 postage included. )

I also include the postage in my bids, to make sure that even after
    I pay the shipping, I still come out on top, and I always pay
    less than the going rate, or it gets sold to someone else.

You have to be careful of fakes as well !
    Regards,

Steve.

Ebay can be a real mine field for collectors but if you do your
    home work and exercise a little patience good things can be found.

The great percentage of my Ek collection came of ebay.
    I got this one just last week and paid only about $150
    for it which is a very reasonable price nowadays.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...l-eks-8822-42/
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I picked up an pre war tunic and mutze that had been use for a POW (One of the things I collect) on ebay for $250. There are deals there, you just have to search.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Also spelling words wrong intentionally is a good trick, especially people the words that usually require people to think type in "resperator" (meant to be respirator) just now and you'll find quite a difficult item to find for a very good price

Thanks

Danny

@Leej11: Watch out with deals that aren't going by Ebay. Ebay has some rules to protect the ( intented) buyers. If you buy something from someone on Ebay which isn't on Ebay itself (the product) and it isn't that what u would expect you don't have anything to use in your advantage. In that case it's bye bye money I hope u understand what i mean. Not everyone on Ebay is to be trusted.

cheers,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2