Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Marine-Luftschiffer in 800 Silver...

Article about: After posting my oppinion this thread was closed and a don't had the opportunity to answer to the tread opener. Is this the usual way to stop free conversation if oppinion are not accepted.

Default Marine-Luftschiffer in 800 Silver...

After posting my oppinion this thread was closed and a don't had the opportunity to answer to the thread opener.

Is this the usual way to stop free conversation if oppinions are not accepted.

The badge is definitely not an original from the period.

The only maker who used this style, ribbons on the top of the badge, cut out and wide gondolas was GODET. No other maker did this. And the presented badge is definitely not a GODET badge.

1. on original badges both gondolas are inside the badge. On your is the front gondola on the oak leaf
    2. on original badges the airship is loger and overtop the badge more than on your.
    3. overall details are poor and not like on original badges
    4. Hinge and catch is incorrect.

Compare your badgewith the badges on literature.
    This is a MODERN fake.

Here a simmilar badge like your --->

Kind regrds
    Attached Images Attached Images Marine-Luftschiffer in 800 Silver... 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Marine-Luftschiffer in 800 Silver...
    P
    Many

You are incorrect...Here's an example from the Niemann-Guide, and the Gondola is clearly NOT inside the wreath either...Godet was NOT the only producer of these badges, as the Niemann-Guide lists Three -3- Variants: A) Silver-DIVERSE Manufacturers, B) Non-Precious Metal, Solid Badge, C) Hollow-Struck Badge...
    The reason I closed the thread is because I don't feel obligated to respond to every knucklehead who feels he's the overall expert (With all the answers) while others could never possibly come close to possessing equal knowledge...besides not being able to present even one solitary piece of their own...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Marine-Luftschiffer in 800 Silver...   Marine-Luftschiffer in 800 Silver...  

This badge is also a doubtful badge.
    I will not say that a price catalogue is a appropriate literature for aviation badge. Many misstakes were published in the past.
    But thanks god we have new literature on this badge. You should read this and that will open your eyes.

You compare appels with pears, would we say in germany.

The badge you present is of complete different style. Please take time and read my post again.
    The style on your badge was ONLY used by GODET. No other maker used this style.
    I don't wrote, that GODET was the only producer. He was the only that made badges in this style.
    Your is a modern copy of an GODET badge as the one from Ebay.

But if you take your time and don't close this thread again I'm sure you will get more posts.

Kind regards
    Alex

I see...the Niemann-Guide doesn't support your opinion so it must be wrong...Only books that confirm your opinion are correct...And still not one solitary example of your own...that's just sad...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by jaba1914 View Post
    This badge is also a doubtful badge.
    I will not say that a price catalogue is a appropriate literature for aviation badge. Many misstakes were published in the past.
    But thanks god we have new literature on this badge. You should read this and that will open your eyes.

You compare appels with pears, would we say in germany.

The badge you present is of complete different style. Please take time and read my post again.
    The style on your badge was ONLY used by GODET. No other maker used this style.
    I don't wrote, that GODET was the only produce. He was the only that made badges in this style.
    Your is a modern copy of an GODET badge as the one from Ebay.

But if you take your time and don't close this thread again I'm sure you will get more posts.

Kind regards
    Alex
    The badge you show is a known fake...the VERTICAL NEEDLE is wrong...No comparison with my 800 marked badge...Apfel mit Birnen vergleichen, das hilft auch nichts...

You don't see any similarities to your badge. Realy ????
    None of the discribed points. Realy ???

Here two examples of correct GODET badges from Carsten Baldes standard compendium about the german aviation badge.

Kind regards
    Alex

I see two rare variants from Godet, -the top one listed as a SCREWBACK- (I read German)...
    Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 05-07-2016 at 03:01 PM.

keep your cool guys.

I don't know why my bageds will help.
    You will find badges from my collection on this books:
    Imperial Sky Vol. 1, Stephen Previtera
    Abzeichen und Ehrenzeichen der Fliegertruppe von 1913 bis 1920, Carsten Baldes.

If you use the search you will find some badges on this forum.

Kind regards
    Alex

CBH
    ?

This isn't my area of collecting , but I do wish to comment .
    Closing a thread because someone said something is fake doesn't help anything .
    If anything , it makes you look like you have something to hide , at least that how it looks .
    Also this is a public forum with the purposes to educate collectors and help them with their collecting , a closed thread does none of this .
    Glen you are a valued part of the Forum , and you have helped me in the past .
    I mean no disrespect , but seeing you close threads bothered me . It helps no-one and makes you look guilty . And I'm sure your not !
    People seem on edge here lately , lots of stupid fights and disagreement ( I had one myself )
    But we shouldn't lose site of why we are all here , we collect crazy stuff and so share a common ground , so we should try to stick together .
    I hope you don't take this the wrong way Glenn , it is simply how I feel .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast