Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Marine Verwundetenabzeichen Schwarz

Article about: Good evening everybody. I have just bought this WWI German naval wound badge in black. Unfortunately, the pin has been replaced. I haven't seen many of these items out there, so I am looking

Default Marine Verwundetenabzeichen Schwarz

Good evening everybody. I have just bought this WWI German naval wound badge in black. Unfortunately, the pin has been replaced. I haven't seen many of these items out there, so I am looking for some opinions on it, especially regarding authenticity. Many thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Marine Verwundetenabzeichen Schwarz   Marine Verwundetenabzeichen Schwarz  

Marine Verwundetenabzeichen Schwarz  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Marine Verwundetenabzeichen Schwarz
    P
    Many

?

The badge is an Assmann design and will be found in their period catalogue. However, this particular pattern is the most faked of the Kaiserliche Marine Wound Badges. Personally, the catch on this badge is a big red flag to me, and is reminiscent of the so-called 1957 versions of these rampant on eBay. Here is the catalogue page showing the badge as item 16686:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...d-bad-fw77.jpg

Regards
    Brett

Are you saying that it is definately a fake 1957 version? Please see post number 7 and 12 from Oradour on this link, It's all getting a little confusing. Naval wound badge , good or bad

?

Whatever way you look at it, the badge is not period. Why would there be a 1957 version of a badge that never had a swastika in the first place? Looking at your photos it would appear that your badge originally had the flat, wide pin. The question is: was the pin replaced through general wear and tear, which I doubt, or replaced in an attempt to deceive? These so-called 1957 badges have their fans, but I am not one of them. It can be confusing with these badges and sometimes comes down to a leap of faith. If you were uncertain, why did you buy the badge?

Regards
    Brett

I do not like the detail of the background on the one posted. When compared to the link posted, the one in the link is an Assmann with what is referred to as a "chaotic dot pattern", yours shows no real dot pattern either on the obverse, or reverse.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I know just enough about Navy WBs to stay away from them.
    They can be a real minefield.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thanks for the replies. Luckily the guy is a reputable dealer so I will get my money back.