Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Mecklenburg-Schwering 18th Dragoon Regiment Enlisted Helmet for Restoration

Article about: Hello, I recently acquired this old-timer, and will need some help completing it. It's nicely marked "D18" & "1894" inside the forehead area of the interior. The helm

Default Mecklenburg-Schwerin 18th Dragoon Regiment Enlisted Helmet for Restoration

Hello,

I recently acquired this old-timer, and will need some help completing it. It's nicely marked "D18" & "1894" inside the forehead area of the interior.

The helmet came from a very old family estate. Unfortunately I do not know what happened to the hard to find M91 nickel silver side posts, and the even scarcer enlisted pattern silver cavalry chinscale set. I can only guess that kids played with the helmet and the chinscales most likely were damaged and lost over the decades. But to loose or remove the M91 style sideposts as well? That has me really puzzled! I can see the slot in the leather on each side of the helmet for the M91 side post that keeps it from twisting. Before I saw the little slot holes I had been excited thinking that I could put a set of regular silver cavalry chinscales on with a rosette and bolt assembly, but this doesn't appear to be the case with this helmet.

It will take a huge amount of patience to find the missing parts, and hopefully it will be worth it when this helmet is once again complete.

I look forward to your comments.

Best Regards,

Alan

Mecklenburg-Schwering 18th Dragoon Regiment Enlisted Helmet for RestorationMecklenburg-Schwering 18th Dragoon Regiment Enlisted Helmet for RestorationMecklenburg-Schwering 18th Dragoon Regiment Enlisted Helmet for RestorationMecklenburg-Schwering 18th Dragoon Regiment Enlisted Helmet for RestorationMecklenburg-Schwering 18th Dragoon Regiment Enlisted Helmet for RestorationMecklenburg-Schwering 18th Dragoon Regiment Enlisted Helmet for Restoration
    Last edited by ww1czechlegion; 05-22-2015 at 03:51 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mecklenburg-Schwering 18th Dragoon Regiment Enlisted Helmet for Restoration
    P
    Many

?

Still a rare helmet in good shape.

Thanks very much SteveR, I appreciate it!

Best Regards,

Alan

very nice in good condition.

Thanks Harry, I appreciate it!

Best Regards,

Alan

Here's a photo of the inside/liner that I forgot to add earlier.

Mecklenburg-Schwering 18th Dragoon Regiment Enlisted Helmet for Restoration

I like it. Looks like it will turn out great when it's
    complete. The 'main bits' are in relatively
    good condition.........!
    Regards,

Steve.