Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Mid-1930s Schutzpolizei Transitional Helmet Help Please

Article about: I picked up this Austrian M-16 shell converted for use by the Polizei during the mid to later 1930s. The helmet is in very good condition with a complete liner and chinstrap sytem. The paint

Default Mid-1930s Schutzpolizei Transitional Helmet Help Please

I picked up this Austrian M-16 shell converted for use by the Polizei during the mid to later 1930s. The helmet is in very good condition with a complete liner and chinstrap sytem. The paint is a medium grey polizei color which is brush applied, I believe this is a typical theme for non-Wehrmacht units such as SS and Police to re-paint their field grey issued helmets? The decals feature an early party shield found on some Polizei M-35 helmets. The helmet is made by Berndorfer Metal-Warenfabrik with the walking bear. It also has the bear logo on the underside of the headliner. Opinions please? Thank you in advance.

Mid-1930s Schutzpolizei Transitional Helmet Help PleaseMid-1930s Schutzpolizei Transitional Helmet Help PleaseMid-1930s Schutzpolizei Transitional Helmet Help PleaseMid-1930s Schutzpolizei Transitional Helmet Help PleaseMid-1930s Schutzpolizei Transitional Helmet Help PleaseMid-1930s Schutzpolizei Transitional Helmet Help PleaseMid-1930s Schutzpolizei Transitional Helmet Help PleaseMid-1930s Schutzpolizei Transitional Helmet Help PleaseMid-1930s Schutzpolizei Transitional Helmet Help PleaseMid-1930s Schutzpolizei Transitional Helmet Help PleaseMid-1930s Schutzpolizei Transitional Helmet Help PleaseMid-1930s Schutzpolizei Transitional Helmet Help Please

Also wondering about the two holes in the side, I have seen this in other Austrian helmet examples. What is the purpose?

The holes are for an oak-leaf device...cheers, Glenn

I was thinking it was for a device, thank you for your response.