MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Militärverdienstkreuz

Article about: Hi everyone, Went to a gun show today, and this caught my eye on the way out. I only have a few WWI items, but from the threads I've read so far there are a few variations of this medal. Doe

Default Militärverdienstkreuz

Hi everyone,

Went to a gun show today, and this caught my eye on the way out. I only have a few WWI items, but from the threads I've read so far there are a few variations of this medal. Does this look okay to everyone? The swords and their attachment have me a little worried. It doesn't have a ribbon, either.
    Thanks in advance, John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Militärverdienstkreuz   Militärverdienstkreuz  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Militärverdienstkreuz
    P
    Many

Default Re: Militärverdienstkreuz

A perfectly good late war (WW1) zinc (war metal) "Militärverdienstkreuz 3. Klasse mit Schwertern" (swords), a Bavarian award.
    Here is a an earlier version, which shows the box and correct ribbon.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Militärverdienstkreuz  
    Attached Images Attached Images Militärverdienstkreuz 

Allow me to add another example, mounted between a 1914 EK2 and a 1914/18 Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer on a medal bar showing its age:

Militärverdienstkreuz
    Militärverdienstkreuz

nice zincker!

The KVM was also issued with Crown and Swords

?

And those are mine...
    That in the top middle is identical latewar zinc example:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Militärverdienstkreuz  

Thanks everyone!
    I was worried with the excess material on mine, so it is good to see a like example Now I just need a ribbon to pop up for it... no luck on eBay or the major sites so far.
    John

on German e-bay...... 0,5m Ordensband Bayern MVK Militär Verdienstkreuz 30mm uv- negativ | eBay I have used this seller, he is trustworthy.
    Prost ! Steve.

Thanks... I forget to check the non-U.S. ebay sites... Well there is one thing off the to-do list!