Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Mimikry camo MG08 ammo boxes

Article about: Hi all, decided to do something else than WWII for a change and found these "Mimikry" camo MG08 ammo cans (They were advertised as "Wehrmacht or something similar") for 6

Default Mimikry camo MG08 ammo boxes

Hi all, decided to do something else than WWII for a change and found these "Mimikry" camo MG08 ammo cans (They were advertised as "Wehrmacht or something similar") for 60€ including shipping, well as for the originality of the boxes I am pretty certain as post war ones would look different, but about the camo, do you think it stands a chance at being period) (these'd actually be my first camouflaged items too haha )
    I've never seen anything apart from helmets with Mimikry camo, but I mean why shouldn't there be, was the same in WWII anyway.
    But I'd be interested in your thoughts about them and I know post first buy second, but this was kind of an impulse buy almost..
    Can't wait to have them, and I think even if the camo is fake they still look cool and for 25€ a pop not too bad.
    Luis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mimikry camo MG08 ammo boxes   Mimikry camo MG08 ammo boxes  

Mimikry camo MG08 ammo boxes   Mimikry camo MG08 ammo boxes  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mimikry camo MG08 ammo boxes
    P
    Many

For me the camo paint is newly added

Thanks for your reply, Kradman.
    What leads you to think that the paint is a recent addition, do the colours look off? Too vibrant? Wear not convincing? I know nothing about camo items that's why I'm asking.
    Luis

?

Hmmm now that i think about. How is it the internal condition is absolutely horrible and rusty. Yet the external condition is great.

That puts me off of it now.

The photos aren't close enough or sharp enough to comment too much on the paint, it's a few years old for sure but I would doubt it's WW1 era. My rational is really from the "why the hell would you bother" to paint an ammo box? Helmets were officially directed to be camouflaged but little value in wasting the paint on a ammo box. And it's surprising the seller ended of with two examples (how lucky was that?). Call it gut feeling. However they will display well, authentic or not.

?

Most I've seen are usually in really bad condition as you would expect, even worse than the image below.
    I agree with Anderson that the paint looks a few years old and not in the condition you would expect.
    But who knows and until you receive them we're only taking an educated guess.

Mimikry camo MG08 ammo boxes