MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Miniature enamel "ribbon" bar (EK2/HHK)

Article about: Just in, here is a neat little addition to my collection. It's an enamelled miniature "ribbon" bar with the 1914 EK2 and the Hamburger Hanseatenkreuz. These deluxe enamel bars were

Default Miniature enamel "ribbon" bar (EK2/HHK)

Just in, here is a neat little addition to my collection. It's an enamelled miniature "ribbon" bar with the 1914 EK2 and the Hamburger Hanseatenkreuz.

These deluxe enamel bars were commercially available, private-purchase pieces for wear with civilian dress and are pretty hard to find.

Obverse and reverse view. The bar measures 25 mm x 10 mm:

Here it is together with the two other enamel mini bars I own (and some coins for scale reference):

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Miniature enamel "ribbon" bar (EK2/HHK)
    P
    Many

That's a very nice ribbon bar.
    These enameled bars are not found often. Congrats.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

I didn't even know these existed. Congrats!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

mpw
    ?

A first for me too. Thanks for posting. Do they exist for all decorations?

Hard to find items! Well done.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I am with MAP and mpw, I have never seen any of these before. Does anyone know what time periods these were produced in?

Hummel
    Last edited by Hummel; 01-21-2017 at 04:10 PM.

Quote by mpw View Post
    Do they exist for all decorations?
    As far as I know, yes. By the way, a number of different examples are featured in this thread over at the GMIC Forum:

enamel ribbon bar - Germany: Imperial: The Orders, Decorations and Medals of The Imperial German States - Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Quote by Hummel View Post
    Does anyone know what time periods these were they produced in?
    To be honest, I have no idea when they first appeared. They were definitely available during the 1930s.

At some point during the Third Reich era (unfortunately, I don't know when exactly), official regulations were issued that precisely regulated the types and styles of miniatures that could be commercially manufactured and distributed, and under which the enamel mini bars were no longer permitted. This must have ended their manufacture (although continued wear of existing pieces would not have been illegal).

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post

To be honest, I have no idea when they first appeared. They were definitely available during the 1930s.

At some point during the Third Reich era (unfortunately, I don't know when exactly), official regulations were issued that precisely regulated the types and styles of miniatures that could be commercially manufactured and distributed, and under which the enamel mini bars were no longer permitted. This must have ended their manufacture (although continued wear of existing pieces would not have been illegal).
    Thank you for the information Andreas. I do find them quite nice.

Hummel

Great little ribbon bars ! Hard to find and little seen, these types of bars still available today...I bought one for my own Good conduct/long service medal when I was in service.............
    Prost ! Steve