Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Model 1915 Pickelhaube

Article about: Hi guys my friend has been offered this pickelhaube . It looks like it has been reworked would this have been done WWI or after and how bad does it hurt its value. Or should he not even both

?

It does appear that the front visor has been replaced, the wappen also is a replacement (extra holes), but is an original plate. Spike color does not match the base's color, so it may have been added to the helmet (both are original just not to each other). I believe the chin strap (at least the leather) is a replacement, there should be two lines pressed into the leather a little in from the edges. Cockades look good. This all said, I don't think it a bad buy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Model 1915 Pickelhaube
    P
    Many

A nice M15 Pickelhaube, and at $300 (around £200) a bargain, even if the wappen and chinstrap are not original to the helmet ! I would not worry about those issues, if they are issues at all !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Aicusv and Oradour thank you very much for looking at this model 1915. He has pulled the trigger on it and feels much better about it. Gary

?

It's indeed an original M15... but the question is of course how you want it. The helmet has a very attractive price, but on the other had it has some issues:
    - repro chinstrap
    - front visor restitched
    - liner in bad condition
    - linercord not original
    - due to color difference, spike probably replaced
    - double holes for helmet plate
    - leather wedges that hold the helmet plate are not original

When considdering the above negative points, I think that 300 dollars is a lot of money for this helmet. Just try to find an original chinstrap...
    I would wait for a better one and maybe pay the double for one without issues... but of course that's only an opinion...

Adler

?

Adler I thank you for your post I will pass your advice on to my friend. Gary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2