Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My 2 "New" spiky things!!!

Article about: After working out a vary fair trade with another member here, I received my 2 "new" WW1 spiked German Helmets. Very nice So I am posting photos of them on the mantel between a Gree

?

Photos of the plate on the "brass" Spiky thing.

Dean O
    Canada

My 2 "New" spiky things!!!My 2 "New" spiky things!!!My 2 "New" spiky things!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My 2 "New" spiky things!!!
    P
    Many

?

Hello Dean nice pickels I love that camo helmet you have there.

Eric

?

Thank you, too bad it has no liner, all my others have liners, but this is the brightest coloured one I have

Dean O
    Canada

?

I have to show these photos of the "Grey" one.
    I did not know they still made these in 1917
    I have some that are dated 1918. I was lucky enough to have met and interviewed a couple of vets and asked about the wearing of spikes after 1916. It appears that up until almost the very end of the war steel helmets were only worn at the front and the spikes were worn behind the lines. I have seen period photos showing soldiers some with spikes and some with steel pots standing together.
    It is my understanding the the German army never intended to do away with the spike at the war's end and production on them continued up to the last days. That the doing away with the spike was a result of the revolution and change in government at the end of the war.
    If anyone has more information about the end days of the pickelhaube, please post, as it would be interesting reading.

Quote by CampX View Post
    Photos of the plate on the "brass" Spiky thing. Dean O Canada
    Dean, your Pickelhaube with brass fittings is an 1895 model and with the cross attached to the wappen (front badge) which replaced the Bandeau (motto banner) it is a Reservists Pickelhaube, updated in 1897 with the Reichs-Kokarde, which was introduced to all Pickelhaubes to commemorate the anniversary of the birth of Kaiser Wilhelm 1st.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Two nice additions to your collection!

Adler

?

Thank you again all!!! Great info oradour!!!

Dean O

Very Nice dean.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2