Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

my 3 Pickelhaubes up for sale soon

Article about: Hi all! i'm new to this forum and a couple of others and was hopeing for some advice before i sell a few bluecloths and pickelhaubes, long story short i was left a military collection a few

ssnick
    ?

Default my 3 Pickelhaubes up for sale soon

Hi all!

i'm new to this forum and a couple of others and was hopeing for some advice before i sell a few bluecloths and pickelhaubes, long story short i was left a military collection a few years back when my father passed away but was left no details regarding values etc and the only knowledge i have got is what my father told me which isn't much. unfortunatley now i have to sell some items to raise cash very soon so i'm hopeing i can get the right info or even find some buyers. so here's my 3 Pickelhaubes!

Nicholas Bahlert (UK)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my 3 Pickelhaubes up for sale soon   my 3 Pickelhaubes up for sale soon  

my 3 Pickelhaubes up for sale soon  

2. # ADS

Default Re: my 3 Pickelhaubes up for sale soon

First one is a Bayern officers helmet, it could be a private purchase. And I don' t recall what the color stands for ...could be pionier or train bataljon.
    Second one has the plate of a Preussen Zahlmeister ..but I am not sure thise is the right helmet to go with thise plate!!??
    And the 3 th is a Bayern reserve regiment, an issued model.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

ssnick
    ?

stuka - Thank you very much again!

All of your helmets/haubes are officers, distinguished by the ornament around the spike base called a ' perlring' (egg & dart) also the undersides of the peaks are usually covered with a fine/silk lining, green front,red rear, they should have officer type linings, leather sweatband & silk type skull cap , for indepth I.D. you would need to post photo's of rear/side & interior.All officers were private purchase not issued. The top helmet i assume has 'Silver' fittings & that the gilt wash has not been polished away! if that is the case, you have an officers pre 1896 (distinguished by the large badge,Wappen) Bavarian pickelhaube from the 'Infantrie Regt Lieb' (Bavarian Life Guard Regt), the second helmet, i agree with Stuka f may not be correct for the attached 'wappen' which is the 'Prussian reserve eagle' often used by military Beamte (civil servants) on which instead of the reserve cross they would add the small 'Beamte' eagle device, the helmet has cruciform base (not commonly used on Prussian haubes since 1860's) & square front peak more attributted to mounted (Dragoons) formations, need more photo's. Helmet 3 is indeed a Reserve Bavarian infantry Officers helmet, with flat chinscales, & a 1914 wappen, which is greatly reduced in size & ommits the entwined vine & leaves around the feet of the lions (as on the first helmet), The value of each of these helmets is approx 600-800 + as values seem to be rising weekly!.....hope that helps.

?

I agree with mister Oradour, he explained it very well...

Adler

I could only give some advice at the best of my ability, for as far as I could recall from what I learned some 30 years ago.
    Forum member ssnick needed that info on the 10 th february of thise year!!
    I also gave him some more elaborated comments in a few PM's that followed thise discussion, as there where some other spike helmets involved.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris