Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first ww1 camo M16

Article about: Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:29 pm Post subject: My first ww1 camo helmet -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hey gang...Well - here's another firs

Default My first ww1 camo M16

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:29 pm Post subject: My first ww1 camo helmet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey gang...Well - here's another first for me....and I know what's what here!

It's a Quist made M16 (Q66) with a repro liner. Also came with the repro chinstrap but I took it off....Priced accordingly given the leather but I'm really happy with the paint job on this one. I think it looks really cool and it's not the regular swirl pattern but rather a chunky "block" pattern that looks really neat. Soldier did a good job on this one.

I really like it and I'm happy to have it added to the collection. I think it looks even better in person!

Cheers!

Rob

PS....wish I could have taken better pics - but it's been cloudy and rainy for three days with no end in sight.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first ww1 camo M16   My first ww1 camo M16  

My first ww1 camo M16   My first ww1 camo M16  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first ww1 camo M16
    P
    Many

Default Re: My first ww1 camo M16

some closeups.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first ww1 camo M16   My first ww1 camo M16  

Miteinerhaltung
    ?

Very Nice.

I like it as well.
    Is the paint original?

greets,
    0.S.

?

this is a fantastic looking camo lid rgds Dave

?

Hi Rob , that`s a great looking exterior . I really like the shape of those M16`s , and congrat`s on your find ,

cheers Al

Thanks guys! Yes, the paint is the real deal (unfortunately the liner isn't but I paid accordingly for it). Glad you guys like it....not an easy "pattern" to find!
    Cheers!

Rob

Unusual paint job!

Great lid there, lach! !

Thanks Walkwolf!! Glad you like it - and it's right here in the same province you're in!

Cheers buddy!

Rob

Hi Rob. Nice and unusual pattern. I once had a beautiful oak leaf variation that I foolishly parted with long ago. The only thing I don't like about your example...and I don't mean this to sound mean or critical...but I personally would rather have it liner-less than with a repro.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast