Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My Fleiger Badges.

Article about: A Marine Air Service device?

Default Re: My Flieger Badges.

A Marine Air Service device?

My Fleiger Badges.

My Fleiger Badges.

My Fleiger Badges.
    Last edited by rudolph; 01-01-2012 at 10:40 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Fleiger Badges.
    P
    Many

A cased set, Godet Marine Airship badge and medal group with Turkish Star.
    The Airship badge appears silver as most of the gold has been rubbed off, there are scratch marks on the back with some gilding remaining under the pin.

My Fleiger Badges.

My Fleiger Badges.

My Fleiger Badges.

My Fleiger Badges.

My Fleiger Badges.

A disc backed Iron Cross 1st Class (EK1) with 800 stamp.

My Fleiger Badges.

My Fleiger Badges.

My Fleiger Badges.

Wouldn't be complete without one of these.
    A cased Godet PLM

My Fleiger Badges.

My Fleiger Badges.

My Fleiger Badges.

My Fleiger Badges.

Default Re: My Fleiger Badges.

Kurt von Doering badge was sold years ago on a Thies auction. It comes from Foremann collection.
    The Commemorative (not Pilot) Badge is a known copy. The other imperial badges are OK imho.
    The bavarian observer is also a period badge but the case don't mach to the badge.

Marine Airship badge is a modern copy and i doubt that the group belong together.

Regards Alex

Quote by jaba1914 View Post
    Kurt von Doering was sold years ago on a Thies auction. It comes from Foremann collection.
    The Commemorative (not Pilot) Badge is a known copy. The other imperial badges are OK imho.
    The bavarian observer is also a period badge but the case don't mach to the badge.

Marine Airship badge is a modern copy and i doubt that the group belong together.

Regards Alex
    Yes I knew Forman from way back in the early 70's and I did get it from Thies, do you go to the auctions?
    I did notice the Bavarian Observer doesn't quite fit the case, the cross hits the top but the case is almost identical to the von Doering CE Juncker case with the exception of the lining to the lid.

With the airship badge, the case is a perfect match and looks to be period, what is wrong with the badge?
    Happy New Year,
    Peter

With the airship badge, the case is a perfect match and looks to be period, what is wrong with the badge?
    The pin the catch, the details. I have no problem with the case. This could be original but i quite sure that it was for something else. What you have is not a group of an navy airshiper. There are a lot of awards that match in this case.

Regards

Alex

?

Hi,some nice badges. I think that Alex has summed up most of the facts on the badges. The Marine Luftschiffer as Alex says is ,sadly a modern copy. Godet never made a airship like this. There are mnay pilot badges on the market right now that are copies and all carry this type of distinctive pin shape. Certainly not Godet piece.
    The Meybauer retired pilot badge is too not a good one. I would also question if the Bavarian pilot badge box was what came with the badge., looks too big in my opinion. Both Bavarian badges look possibly unmarked Pollath examples, I have seen badges before that have had the enamel emblem set the wrong way ,just an error not a sign of a bad badge. Ferg

?

Sorry I meant to say the Bav. observer is possibly an unmarked Pollath ,the pilot is unsure. Could be good, not sure.I would say at best a post war badge from 1930's or 40's. Ferg

Quote by jaba1914 View Post
    The pin the catch, the details. I have no problem with the case. This could be original but i quite sure that it was for something else. What you have is not a group of an navy airshiper. There are a lot of awards that match in this case.

Regards

Alex
    Ah, that will teach me, it all looked so convincing I couldn't resist. The badges are such a perfect fit!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast