Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My German Dienstglas Binoculars, any thoughts?

Article about: Hello again, this is Julekpl. I have recently made a purchase of these German binoculars, at a very low price, however I am not too educated about these. It says NR.1915, would that mean it

Default My German Dienstglas Binoculars, any thoughts?

Hello again, this is Julekpl.

I have recently made a purchase of these German binoculars, at a very low price, however I am not too educated about these. It says NR.1915, would that mean it is from 1915? Any other thoughts on them? Thanks!

My German Dienstglas Binoculars, any thoughts? My German Dienstglas Binoculars, any thoughts? My German Dienstglas Binoculars, any thoughts? My German Dienstglas Binoculars, any thoughts? My German Dienstglas Binoculars, any thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My German Dienstglas Binoculars, any thoughts?
    P
    Many

Default Re: My German Dienstglas Binoculars, any thoughts?

What little I know about glasses, Oigee marked some with date of manufacture and some without. Yours look like they were made around that time period. Since you have a full serial number already, that could be the year. Not so sure these are military. I don't even know if they had range markings this early. Do these have range markings?

Jay

yes this one says 6x, it does have it's own serial, and the letter "K" under it...however I do not see any specific markings, such as an imperial mark, like a crown.

I believe that these "Oigee" bino's are from the early to preWWII era, as I am not aware of the "Dienstglas" marking being used in WWI. In WWI, they used the term "Fernglas". Oigee actually stands for "Optische Industrie Gesellschaft Berlin". The "DRP" stands for "Deutches Reichpatent". The logo "Oigee Berlin" on the right hand side did not begin to be used until 1918. The NR1915 is simply a serial number, if I recall right and has nothing to do with actual dating.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

ah I see. I have read a bit about this Oigee, and that this company made optics for the k98, and ww1 aircraft, so would these be military issue? I have a pair of ww2 binocs at my grandparent's house, and being in the same style, although these are far more smaller...

The Dienstglas markings would indicate a military use. It basically means "Service glass". Once in awhile, you'll see bino's issued to Police units-in which case, they are generally marked "Pol. Dienstglas"
    William

Thanks Wagriff, I'm thick headed today and did catch your earlier comments.

Well it's surprising how far $30 can get you. Thank you very much for your information.

$30 for a nice pair of binos With an early case? They even have the often lost or discarded eye cover. Can't go too far wrong there! Are the optics clear and free of dirt and fungus? And do they have any rangefinder reticules in them?
    William

The optics are very clear, however 6x is not very far, the picture is crisp, but there are no rangefinders in them. There are no scratches on the lenses. Whoever had these must have taken good care of them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast