Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My Imperial Group of EKII, SWB and Hindenburg Cross.

Article about: by oradour Gentlemen, see here for a concise explanation and rank list, for Senior Privates/NCO's in the Imperial German Army, A Pocket German Army look under section "articles by Glenn

Default Re: My Imperial Group of EKII, SWB and Hindenburg Cross.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Gentlemen, see here for a concise explanation and rank list, for Senior Privates/NCO's in the Imperial German Army, A Pocket German Army look under section "articles by Glenn Jewison". ... donkihotis, a super set ! I concur with both Kenneth and Paul as to the explanation regarding "weiss" on the award document.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Hi Steve, i thank you too for your input. I hoped that you would have the answer as usual I guess it will remain a mystery.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Imperial Group of EKII, SWB and Hindenburg Cross.
    P
    Many

Nice goods you got there, Donkihotis!

Thanks Pwny mate

I'd love to have it all ... looks great.
    Since I'm still trying to figure out what the "S" on some Hj badges means in this case I thought 'Schwartz Weiss'.

I'm sorry I'm to tired to google around much but the first thing was the Schwartz-Weiss Fussball team in Munchen.
    Oddly enough at one point we see a OBERBURGERMEISTER THOMAS WIMMER. The EK has the colors schwartz & weiss.

Your man Georg Wimmer sure looks to have the build for sports.
    So maybe ................. Geschichte

Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

KSH
    ?

Quote by Rudolf Karl View Post
    I'd love to have it all ... looks great.
    Since I'm still trying to figure out what the "S" on some Hj badges means in this case I thought 'Schwartz Weiss'.

I'm sorry I'm to tired to google around much but the first thing was the Schwartz-Weiss Fussball team in Munchen.
    Oddly enough at one point we see a OBERBURGERMEISTER THOMAS WIMMER. The EK has the colors schwartz & weiss.

Your man Georg Wimmer sure looks to have the build for sports.
    So maybe ................. Geschichte

Rudy
    Now THAT's a longshot if I ever saw one A Mayor of a city (which happens to have the surname Wimmer which is a very common name in Bayern) giving a München sports club (which happens to have 'weiss' in its name) an open space to use. But who knows? And the EK ribbon is indeed black & white, but this is a Prussian award and therefore show the Prussian colours (b&w).

- Kenneth

Hi guys.
    I have spoken with my seller who is also an internet pal
    He said that wound badge in white was a Bavarian award. It was in the same category as silver. For example if a soldier or officer was Prussian he was awarded the silver WB. If he was Bavarian he was awarded the white one. I'm attaching a photo of a silver and mine which is white to compare the difference.
    The reason that a word staring from ''s'' (probably silber) was underneath and thus removed is because the citation was already printed and when it was about to be given to the specific Bavarian fellow was particularly changed to white. This explains why the fonts of the typed word ''weiss'' is the same with the rest. Obviously it was made period by the same type of typing machine.
    Verwunetenabzeichen in weiss are much more rare that's why this set was quite expensive.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Imperial Group of EKII, SWB and Hindenburg Cross.   My Imperial Group of EKII, SWB and Hindenburg Cross.  

KSH
    ?

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    Hi guys.
    I have spoken with my seller who is also an internet pal
    He said that wound badge in white was a Bavarian award. It was in the same category as silver. For example if a soldier or officer was Prussian he was awarded the silver WB. If he was Bavarian he was awarded the white one. I'm attaching a photo of a silver and mine which is white to compare the difference.
    The reason that a word staring from ''s'' (probably silber) was underneath and thus removed is because the citation was already printed and when it was about to be given to the specific Bavarian fellow was particularly changed to white. This explains why the fonts of the typed word ''weiss'' is the same with the rest. Obviously it was made period by the same type of typing machine.
    Verwunetenabzeichen in weiss are much more rare that's why this set was quite expensive.
    It seems that sometimes they called the grades Schwartz, Mattweiß and Mattgelb. I have seen wound badges exactly like yours being called Silber always. It sure looks silver to me and not white. In my humble opinion it is just the name that is different I think. At least I can find no evidence to the contrary. I would be glad if anyone with more extensive knowledge on wound badges could confirm or deny that the white wound badge was something special in Die Bayerische Armee.

- Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 05-13-2011 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Correction: Mattgelb instead of Mattgold.

A web source would be great

KSH
    ?

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    A web source would be great
    Here you go: Verwundetenabzeichen

- Kenneth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2