Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My Imperial Shooting Dagger

Article about: Hi All. I just picked up this cool Imperial Shooting Dagger/Cutlass, it is in really great shape for being 100ish years old, stag handle, brass fittings, and a very nice double sided acid et

Default My Imperial Shooting Dagger

Hi All.
    I just picked up this cool Imperial Shooting Dagger/Cutlass, it is in really great shape for being 100ish years old, stag handle, brass fittings, and a very nice double sided acid etch. This is a plain jane model as you can see, no acorns on the handle or anything too fancy, which is what made it affordable to me, I am told alcoso likely produced this piece although there is no maker mark. Not many of these around, or at least not many posted on here, Hope you guys like it and feel free to leave any comments or questions!
    My Imperial Shooting DaggerMy Imperial Shooting DaggerMy Imperial Shooting DaggerMy Imperial Shooting DaggerMy Imperial Shooting DaggerMy Imperial Shooting DaggerMy Imperial Shooting DaggerMy Imperial Shooting Dagger
    My Imperial Shooting Dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Imperial Shooting Dagger
    P
    Many

Great looking dagger
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

This is a nice find John!!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Nice hunting sword, very much a tradition in Germany even today. It's not a cutlass nor a dagger. But these are good weapons made of good steel. Used in the 19th century often to kill-off the Wildschwein (boar)or Hirsch (deer)after the hunt with spear. Good posting.

Very nice John!
    One I wouldn't mind adding to my collection, unfortunately, they are little on the expensive side, but what isn't.
    I have been watching for a while now for the right one.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks guys, so many types and styles of these, the hunting and forestry ones are a bit pricey especially the TR models, this style is more affordable and I doubt this was used to kill a wild boar but you never know lol it is most likely a shooting compitition prize or dress type dagger for an Imperial shooting club member also known as the Deutscher Schutzen Bund.

UPDATE- Hi all again, I dressed it up a bit with a early style frog and dark green portepee, the pin is a mint Imperial Shooting club badge, the final presentation is the last photo, It may not be 100% complete and proper but it works for me and looks much better IMO hope you guys like it.
    My Imperial Shooting DaggerMy Imperial Shooting DaggerMy Imperial Shooting DaggerMy Imperial Shooting Dagger