Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

My Medal Bars or Ordensspange

Article about: Hi you have a great collection... All we know is that, at times, fighting the Russians, we had to remove the piles of enemy bodies from before our trenches, so as to get a clear field of fir

?

Default My Medal Bars or Ordensspange

Ok here they are so far! All comments are welcome including questions about authenticity. I beleive all these to be real but Im not an expert. I only have one book on a relating subject but was not very helpful so I look at the construction, take mental notes, and compare. Im keeping an eye out for a complete book on this subject but I feel that Imperial stuff gets overshadowed by TR stuff. Anyway. Also feel free to post your bars here as well. I want to see them and also make comparisons with others that are out there. I will post more as they come.

OK. Heres where I got started. I picked each of these up for the same price as an EK2 would cost alone so I thought cool!

The metal backed one is marked DRGM. I dont know the makers of the EKs because I dont tamper with the ribbons.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Medal Bars or Ordensspange   My Medal Bars or Ordensspange  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Medal Bars or Ordensspange
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My Medal Bars or Ordensspange

And it grew..................

Next I have a bar from Wuerttemberg

includes the Wilhelm bravery medal and 9 year service medal. I threw in the ribbon bar because it came with it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Medal Bars or Ordensspange   My Medal Bars or Ordensspange  

?

König Gratz 1866 and Kreigsmünze 1870

?

I beleive a a nice EK can hold its own. Even though these are common, I love a bar that kicks things off with an EK.

I cant see a mark on the first, but the second EK is marked SW.

Baden silver service medal and 9 year service.

?

Bayern is next with a military merit cross with swords and crown! EK is marked with what looks like an E. 9 and 12 faithful service medals.

?

Had to get this one for the Schwarzburg-Sonderhausen Verdienst Im Kriege in Silber! I also thought it was interesting to see the Hilfsdienst medal in the mix.

?

Nicht Kämpfer.

?

I dont normally collect Austrian or the like but they are always welcome on a bar! You can see where the Bulgarian one may have been added.

?

Gotta love that China 1900 campaign medal! Landwehr 2nd class.

?

This one was free. Not sure if I should keep it and find the medals to attach or give it to freind or something. I havent yet ID the last ribbon.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast