Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

My Medal Bars or Ordensspange

Article about: Hi you have a great collection... All we know is that, at times, fighting the Russians, we had to remove the piles of enemy bodies from before our trenches, so as to get a clear field of fir

Default Re: My Medal Bars or Ordensspange

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    LeeJ11's medals shown above and their coresponding ribbons are - left to right:
    Ludwig Cross
    Luipold Commemorative Medal 0f 1905
    Hindenberg Cross
    Bavarian Long Service Medal or Cross
    The Kyffhauser ribbon, although similar, has much narrower red and white
    stripes at the edges and should appear in last place.
    Gents, IMO the faded rbbon (last one) is a " Military Service Medal for long service" (BAYERN. Militär-Dienstauszeichnung) Lee and Steve are correct. I show mine albeit with a replacement ribbon.... however Claudius1 is correct re the "Kyffhäuserbund medal ribbon", I show both ribbons for comparison, Kyffhäuserbund ribbon on the left, Hindenburg cross ribbon on right. I also show a bar with the long service medal in situ, notice the Hindenburg cross ribbon colours. Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Medal Bars or Ordensspange   My Medal Bars or Ordensspange  

My Medal Bars or Ordensspange  
    Last edited by oradour; 11-25-2010 at 12:16 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Medal Bars or Ordensspange
    P
    Many

Got you Steve - my bad - although, if you notice how narrow the stripes are
    on your Kyffhauser example, it is somewhat different than on Lee's bar.
    I'm beginning to think it is possibly WWII 'War Merit Cross' ribbon.....!

Good samples of the Bavarian Long Service medal you've shown.
    This is the bar's last place missing piece.
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Way to go guys keeping it going on such an interesting subject in my opinion! I really like this. I think the Hochzeit medal belongs there and the last 2 I took off. I will look for the missing medals to complete this bar and look for a ribbon for the Prinz Luitpold Commemorative Medal 1905. Thats the last bar I have to show. Hopefully more people will join in and post more bars here. Im back to collecting Kaiserzeit stuff myself so maybe more bars to come soon? As always Veile Grüße, Lee

Quote by leej11 View Post
    Way to go guys keeping it going on such an interesting subject in my opinion! I really like this. I think the Hochzeit medal belongs there and the last 2 I took off. I will look for the missing medals to complete this bar and look for a ribbon for the Prinz Luitpold Commemorative Medal 1905. Thats the last bar I have to show. Hopefully more people will join in and post more bars here. Im back to collecting Kaiserzeit stuff myself so maybe more bars to come soon? As always Veile Grüße, Lee
    Not quite sure yet on this, but the Wedding and Luitpold ribbons
    could be one and the same in both design and colour...........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Yes so far we have identified 3 medals that have this same type ribbon. The 2 you mentioned and the Turkish "Liyakat" medal. Im comfortable with the wedding one because it came with it even though 2 were wrong. I could be wrong but with no definate proof of which out of these 3 belongs there I think I might as well keep the one I already have on there. I think we can rule out the Turkish one because I think the other 2 seem like the better answer since all the medals are Bavarian.

Gents, a couple of unusual/uncommon bars in my collection....a Prussian long service award together with a "Centenary Medal", the long service award being a private purchase unauthorised version, often purchased by veterans as an alternative to the pin-backed clasp (difficult to wear on a bar), and worn before 1913 (when long service awards became medals !)......and in my opinion very pretty !...the next a "Wurttemburg" trio, Military Merit medal in silver, Hindenburg cross (combattants) and a 9 year, (Black) long service medal, put together in the mid-thirties.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Medal Bars or Ordensspange   My Medal Bars or Ordensspange  

My Medal Bars or Ordensspange   My Medal Bars or Ordensspange  

?

Right on Steve! I like that long service too!

G'day Gents here's a few bars i've got in my collection. Some of the photos arent great but i hope you enjoy the pics and any feedback is welcome.My Medal Bars or OrdensspangeMy Medal Bars or OrdensspangeMy Medal Bars or OrdensspangeMy Medal Bars or OrdensspangeMy Medal Bars or OrdensspangeMy Medal Bars or OrdensspangeMy Medal Bars or OrdensspangeMy Medal Bars or OrdensspangeMy Medal Bars or OrdensspangeMy Medal Bars or OrdensspangeMy Medal Bars or OrdensspangeMy Medal Bars or Ordensspange

gnome45, Welcome to the the Imperial part of the forum, nice collection ! I especially like the "single" mounted medals, thanks for showing.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Very nice groups! Good variety! Alot of nice Austrian medals!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast