Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My "NEW" Rare non Spiky thing, Uland!!

Article about: Made a deal for this today, a Rare one. Not in the best condition but I will take it!! The body was somewhat "crushed" so after soaking it In cold water for over an hour, I was abl

?

Sorry about the delay in replying, but it was the Canadian Thanksgiving long weekend...now....

You guys are crushing my dreams!!! However I have looked at what you have said, and have checked it out, and I think you maybe right, I can find no glue as the lid was covered with dust... but you are correct in stating that there are/maybe problems with this one...and I know nothing about them..I just like them, this one came with the Saxon one I traded for also..both from the same place..of course that means little. If this is made of parts or what ever, then it was done a long time ago.
    The Friend that I have known for near 30 years was as surprised about this as I was.
    I want to thank those that replied in a kindly manner, some would just say it is a pile of crap ect.
    But these people were very good about the way they worked out their replies, I want to Thank them for that!!!

Now here are more photos, please feel free to tell me everything you want to about this piece, I want to learn, and will take no offense..we are all Big Boys here, I wish some others were more like that!!

Take Care

Dean O
    Canada

My "NEW" Rare non Spiky thing,  Uland!!My "NEW" Rare non Spiky thing,  Uland!!My "NEW" Rare non Spiky thing,  Uland!!My "NEW" Rare non Spiky thing,  Uland!!My "NEW" Rare non Spiky thing,  Uland!!My "NEW" Rare non Spiky thing,  Uland!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My "NEW" Rare non Spiky thing,  Uland!!
    P
    Many

?

The liner is not correct for an Uhlan helmet, but is for a pickelhaub. Looking at the back of the piece I don't see any signs of a rear visor nor of a rear vent spine. Both of which would be on a pickelhaub. Also, I don't see marks from where the pins to hold a spike on would have gone through.

?

Here is an example for comparison.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My "NEW" Rare non Spiky thing,  Uland!!   My "NEW" Rare non Spiky thing,  Uland!!  

My "NEW" Rare non Spiky thing,  Uland!!   My "NEW" Rare non Spiky thing,  Uland!!  

My "NEW" Rare non Spiky thing,  Uland!!   My "NEW" Rare non Spiky thing,  Uland!!  

My "NEW" Rare non Spiky thing,  Uland!!  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2