Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My (as of now still) rather tiny collection of Imperial "death cards".

Article about: Fellow members, I really don't know how much interest there is here for Imperial "death cards", but they certainly have an immense effect on me. I have only collected for a year an

Default Re: My (as of now still) rather tiny collection of Imperial "death cards".

Quote by KSH View Post
    These cards tell a poignant story within a relative small time-frame (excluding the veteran's cards) and these men are also of course linked to each other by being from the same town. Many of them probably knew each other well.
    Quite possible, Kenneth. The civilian occupation for Dimpfl, Heubl and Schmid is given as Schwellenwerkarbeiter, so we know that these three men were all were workers at the local Schwellenwerk (railway sleeper factory) at Schwandorf.

Birner's occupation is given as Imprägnierarbeiter (impregnation worker) and Hösl's as Fabrikarbeiter (factory worker), so it is quite possible that they worked there as well.

KSH
    ?

Default Re: My (as of now still) rather tiny collection of Imperial "death cards".

Thank you for your interest, all!

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Quite possible, Kenneth. The civilian occupation for Dimpfl, Heubl and Schmid is given as Schwellenwerkarbeiter, so we know that these three men were all were workers at the local Schwellenwerk (railway sleeper factory) at Schwandorf.

Birner's occupation is given as Imprägnierarbeiter (impregnation worker) and Hösl's as Fabrikarbeiter (factory worker), so it is quite possible that they worked there as well.
    Thank you, Andreas, for your insightful (as always) input!

Regards,

Kenneth

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3