Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My Opa, Jacob Boos

Article about: I was going through some paper work today and re-found a few photos. Here is a photo of my paternal grandfather, Jacob Boos. I guess I do come from a line of military families. I just never

Default Re: My Opa, Jacob Boos

Quote by rbminis View Post
    German,

ow im sorry , my mother is German and i am dutch, and the name sounded more dutch to me. my appoligies

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Ralph, a very nice image.

Do you know his unit?

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade!
    I have no idea, all I know is that he was from the Wurttemburg area.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by RobbyMB View Post
    ow im sorry , my mother is German and i am dutch, and the name sounded more dutch to me. my appoligies
    No problem, they are both very similar.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph. My knowledge on Imperial is weak.

Would it be possible to zoom in on the shoulder boards?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Thanks Ralph. My knowledge on Imperial is weak.

Would it be possible to zoom in on the shoulder boards?

Cheers, Ade.
    Certainly not as weak as mine Ade.
    Here is as close as I can go without losing clarity.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Opa, Jacob Boos  

Looks like a "48" to me, so a Regimental number.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade.
    Either that or a "43", possibly a "49". It is difficult to see. At first I couldn't make anything out.
    Ralph.

Hi Ade,
    I have tried a little closer. Looks like a "43" to me, but my eyes are not what they used to be.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Opa, Jacob Boos  

I reckon you a right, a "3".

Do you know what ribbon he wears?

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ralph, I ran your family name through Ancestry and came up with this:

Boos Name Meaning

Dutch and German: from a Germanic personal name, Boso, most probably from an element meaning ‘leader’, ‘nobleman’, or ‘arrogant person’.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast