Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My WW1 German Feldglas08 binoculars... average price range?

Article about: Hello, I have recently purchased a pair of German binoculars, for a very cheap price in my opinion. I did some research, and I couldn't find a good price on them. I have seen them go from \\$5

Default Re: My WW1 German Feldglas08 binoculars... average price range?

Julekpl, in 1908 Goerz began to make the "Goerz-Prismenglaser" based on a Zeiss design, these were introduced in 1908 as Dienstglas 08 (service binoculars) this new model was designated "Fernglas 08" other German companies throughout the Great War, also manufactured the "08" binoculars, such as the ones you have. The glasses were issued to all group leaders (usually an NCO). Officers usually had a private purchase pair. Your glasses have been repainted the incorrect shade of green/grey, other than that, they are a perfectly good pair, cases can be found on e-bay at reasonable prices. There are many dealers out there to choose from, choose wisely ! I can recommend a couple, Stewarts Military Antiques - militaria, collectables, photography and books and Military War Relics, Antiques and Collectibles, RJW Militaria both are U.S. based.
    Prices for these glasses vary widely, from $10 to $200 ! depending on condition and if they are complete, and with a case. I show a pair of mine, tatty but complete with original finish, regimentaly marked " 10.J.R.11.16." (10th Infantry Regt, 11th Company, 16th pair of glasses), on the focus bridge, the case has been altered at some time, by removing the belt loops and attaching a carry strap to the side fastners.
    Hope this helps, Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My WW1 German Feldglas08 binoculars... average price range?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My WW1 German Feldglas08 binoculars... average price range?
    P
    Many

Default Re: My WW1 German Feldglas08 binoculars... average price range?

Thanks so much Steve, great information. I will probably keep on looking for a case then, hopefully I might get lucky. And thanks for the list of good websites, I might find something there, instead of constantly looking on Ebay for real, or reasonably priced military items. Thank you all once again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2