Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mystery Pickelhaube/Kebelhaube

Article about: Hi Guys, I am new to this site and I hope I am entering this in the correct forum! I have collected WW1 militaria on and off for a number of years and recently purchased this pickelhaube for

Default Mystery Pickelhaube/Kebelhaube

Hi Guys, I am new to this site and I hope I am entering this in the correct forum! I have collected WW1 militaria on and off for a number of years and recently purchased this pickelhaube for restoration. The ball has been permanently attached and the fron plate looks homemade; I suspect this may have been used as a fire brigade helmet at some point?
    It is dated 1904 / 1909 and is stamped BA V11 AND MA.
    It also has three paper labels glued on top of each other; I have uploaded photos of two of them.
    It also has a round ink stamp in the crown, but this is too faded to read.
    Could anyone please tell me if there is any way of telling if this would have started life as a kubelhaube or not?
    I am also keen to find out which units would have been within BAV11 (Munster I think?)
    All info will be greatly received!
    Stuart.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mystery Pickelhaube/Kebelhaube   Mystery Pickelhaube/Kebelhaube  

Attached Images Attached Images Mystery Pickelhaube/Kebelhaube  Mystery Pickelhaube/Kebelhaube  Mystery Pickelhaube/Kebelhaube 
    Last edited by stuartnz; 07-08-2014 at 12:25 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mystery Pickelhaube/Kebelhaube
    P
    Many

I think this probably started life as an original
    Bavarian Artillery haulb.

I am no expert but the shell and visor looks good
    as does what I can see of the liner. I would think
    it would be worth restoring.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Many thanks for the info, do you have any idea what the 'MA' stands for please?

No I don't but I am sure one of the Picklehaube guys
    will be able to answer that for you.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Hi

I'm afraid I can't help you all that much - the pictures don't seem to blow up and TBH I really don't know a lot about them - but you may find these links of use:

Colonel J's - Articles -Helmet Makers, Colonel J's - Articles - Depot Marks and Kaiser's Bunker Pickelhaube Guide

Cheers
    Tim

Munitions Abteilung

Default Mystery Pickelhaube/Kubelhelm

Many thanks for the Munitions Abteilung info. I have now managed to read most of one of the paper labels and it contains the following information:
    ?andiverter Abteilung, Betleidungsamt, 8. 21. R
    I am unsure of the first letter - could be a G or S possibly and the iv in the first would could possibly be a W.
    I could be wrong with some of the other letters, as this old style German font is hard to read - please see photo below.
    Any info on the above would be greatly appreciated, as I need to try and figure out if this started out as an Artillery helmet and what sort of wappen I need to get for it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mystery Pickelhaube/Kebelhaube  
    Last edited by stuartnz; 07-08-2014 at 01:07 AM.

Handwerker-Abteilung / Bekleidungsamts 8. A. K.

Handcraft Detachment / Clothing depot 8th Army Corps

sorry to hijack the thread, rather than starting another one, any ideas on these marks, apart from I know it is a 1915 dated one
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mystery Pickelhaube/Kebelhaube  

?

It appears to me to be "BA IV RIR 36" which would represent 4th Army Crops, 36th Reserve Infantry Regiment. This regiment was part of the 13th Reserve Infantry Brigade, in the 7th Reserve Division, 4th Reserve Army Corps. I think the first two numbers (66?) maybe the size. Is this a large helmet?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast