MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mystery Pickelhaube/Kebelhaube

Article about: Hi Guys, I am new to this site and I hope I am entering this in the correct forum! I have collected WW1 militaria on and off for a number of years and recently purchased this pickelhaube for

Thank you for that information. It is actually a small sized helmet. But the information is fantastic thanks again

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mystery Pickelhaube/Kebelhaube
    P
    Many

Many thanks for the Handcraft Detachment / Clothing depot 8th Army Corps information. Am I reading the ink stamp correctly as BAVII and would this mean that it was originally 7th Army Corps?
    Does any body know if the Handcraft Department would have just issued the haube, or did soldiers serve in it, if it could have been artillery and which state wappen the haube should have?
    Many thanks for all of the help so far.
    Last edited by stuartnz; 07-08-2014 at 10:54 PM.

Many thanks for the Handcraft Detachment / Clothing depot 8th Army Corps information. Am I reading the ink stamp correctly as BAVII and would this mean that it was originally 7th Army Corps?
    Does any body know if the Handcraft Department would have just issued the haube, or did soldiers serve in it, if it could have been artillery and which state wappen the haube should have?
    Many thanks for all of the help so far.

?

For BA VII
    13. Feldartillerie-Brigade
    2. Westfälisches Feldartillerie-Regiment Nr. 22
    Mindensches Feldartillerie-Regiment Nr. 58
    14. Feldartillerie-Brigade
    1. Westfälisches Feldartillerie-Regiment Nr. 7
    Clevesches Feldartillerie-Regiment Nr. 43

For BA VIII
    15. Feldartillerie-Brigade
    Bergisches Feldartillerie-Regiment Nr. 59
    3. Rheinisches Feldartillerie-Regiment Nr. 83

16. Feldartillerie-Brigade
    2. Rheinisches Feldartillerie-Regiment Nr. 23
    Triersches Feldartillerie-Regiment Nr. 44
    Last edited by aicusv; 07-09-2014 at 12:27 AM.

?

I was just reading on another site, that before 1911 not all Corps had their own clothing depots. That it is possible to have a piece marked for a regiment that was in a different Corps than marked on the piece. I believe the piece described was marked for a regiment in BA IV, but stamped with BA VII.

Tried to post link but I can't get it to work. It was on www.pickelhaubes.com/ under Latest finds - JR88

?

As to what wappen (helmet plate ) would have been worn, check Feld Artillerie Waffenrock

Many thanks for the info. Is there any way of telling whether this would have originally been an infantry pickelhaube, or artillery kugelhelm?

?

As far as I know the leather shells for infantry and artillery helmets are the same. Without fitting and with it not being marked to a unit it could be either. Every artillery helmet I've every owned has been marked to a unit. I can't say that about the spikes being unit marked. Then again I've only owned a limited number of artillery helmets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2