Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

nasty looking blighter

Article about: Hi Adler , thanks for the comments and well spotted , ( you know you`re bayo`s ) , you are correct with your assumption about the scabbards . I aquired them as seen in the pic`s , but now th

?

Default Re: nasty looking blighter

Quote by spotter View Post
    i like that,,,are they designed to be used as saws or is it just decorational
    spotter , as Ade said these saw-back "butcher bayonets" were designed for use but were found to be useless as a cutting tool and were later deleted from production , with many pioneer bayonets having the saw-back ground off . British propaganda at that time made much of the german`s use of the saw backed bayonet and the injuries they could obviously cause ! ( as Ade mentioned ignoring previous British Army use of saw-backs ! ) German troops did not want to be captured carrying one for fear of retribution !

cheers Al

Reg
    ?

They dont like it up em! Ild love to start a small trade stand at these living history events offering the chance to bayonet a dummy of some cretin from history using an authentic rifle and bayonet.. . . . could start a whole new thread on the legality, insurance, morality, political correctness, practicality etc of such a venture. Can anyone suggest any suitable faces for the dummys?? May justify the upkeep and expansion of the collection a bit, would probably cry if I broke a blade tho.

semi-jesting
    Reg

Hi Reg, when you join 2nd Guards you will get the chance to do this. We often do a training display which involves bayonet drill and a dummy.

Cheers, Ade.

Reg
    ?

Nothing like the cold steel!!!! could you pop a cork on the end for me for the first few goes, its been a while, LOL

That's one sinister blade! I don't see the serrations helping at all with the potential for the blade to get stuck... I imagine it would have been almost as grim to wield as it would have been to encounter.

?

hi all , just thought i`d show my ersatz version of the sawback !! it still has some green paint in the crevises

cheers Al
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture nasty looking blighter   nasty looking blighter  

nasty looking blighter   nasty looking blighter  

nasty looking blighter   nasty looking blighter  

Very nice saw tooth Bayonets...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

What ? .. the Hi-Fi ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Al, that is a great example. I like it!

Cheers, Ade.

Rick
    ?

They are ideed nasty looking, and would pull most of your insides out on withdrawl.

Very nice examples though.

Cheers
    Rick

?

Hi Al, you have two very nice bayonets there. There is only one little thing wrong with them imo... the scabbards are switched...
    The S98/05 nAS needs the smooth scabbard and the ersatz version needs the other one (probably made of zinc?)...

Adler

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast