Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help with a (German?) visor cap!

Article about: Hello All, A few months back I purchased this visor cap, which appears to me to be German. That is the extent to which my knowledge of it reaches, and even that is little more than guesswork

Default Need help with a (German?) visor cap!

Hello All,

A few months back I purchased this visor cap, which appears to me to be German. That is the extent to which my knowledge of it reaches, and even that is little more than guesswork on my part. I was hoping someone with more knowledge than myself may be able to assist me?

Thanks!

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with a (German?) visor cap!   Need help with a (German?) visor cap!  

Need help with a (German?) visor cap!   Need help with a (German?) visor cap!  

Hard to see the colour from these photos but looks to be a German Fireman Police cap

I put 50 USD into this when I bought it. Any idea if it's a good investment?

CBH
    ?

Take some outdoor photos so the color is more clear, could be post-war, better photos needed.
    If it's post war you paid what it's worth, if it proves to be WWII you did well.

I may be jumping the gate here but it looks to be a black wool visor with red piping? Not many examples of German headgear with that combination. I ve seen railway leaders, miners rescue, and a unspecified imperial piece with that combo. Initially I'm not liking what I'm seeing the wool fabric seems a loose weave and gives the cap a rather fluffy appearance. The upper red piping looks overly thick while the upper red piping around the banded portion is wavy and missing a corresponding bottom pipe that typically sets above the visor/peak. The visor/peak itself has the flat dullish look which I relate to when I invision a janke made cap. The black interior doesn't set well with me either or the general shape/saddle of the cap, but it could be it's positioning on the stand. And better pictures of course can't hurt. But a bad one imo. Compare the two visors/peaks together aside this janke cap for appearance/gloss level texture etc. Best regards.

Brian

Another postwar cap with similar fuzzy wool appearance to the cap body. Both images from Stonemint's Janke thread on WAF.

Edit: sorry my apologies I see you recently joined. Welcome to the forum!

Think Kradman got it right until better lit-up pics are taken.
    Dark blue with pink piping for fire police...my best guess too, though as you stated Brian....not impressed with the interior

Quote by real steel View Post
    Think Kradman got it right until better lit-up pics are taken.
    Dark blue with pink piping for fire police...my best guess too, though as you stated Brian....not impressed with the interior
    Could be my friend. It's just the absence of the lower pipe around the banded portion of the cap. Haven't seen that on any other period visors even imperial caps. Just unusual at best. Best regards.

Brian

Hmmm. So your seeing this you say. I dunno brother, I'll take your word for it. I wouldn't mind betting you but what fer? A $5 donation to the forum if I'm wrong appropriate? I can see it listed on eBay as RARE SS red piped artillery visor. But I've been wrong many many times. There's always a way to make things interesting.
    Last edited by rbminis; 10-29-2017 at 02:26 AM.

CBH
    ?

It might be Trying to be a WWI cap, the black interior is off-putting .

Hello all,

Thanks for all the input! I finally got a chance to get out and take some better pictures today. Tried to get a close up of the material as well.
    Need help with a (German?) visor cap!Need help with a (German?) visor cap!Need help with a (German?) visor cap!Need help with a (German?) visor cap!Need help with a (German?) visor cap!Need help with a (German?) visor cap!Need help with a (German?) visor cap!Need help with a (German?) visor cap!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast