Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help With Iron Cross And Medal Ribbon Bar Please!

Article about: These medals were given to me by an elderly German lady that said they were her great uncles. 1st question ...Im not sure if the Iron cross is authentic? It appears to be 3 piece constructio

Default Need Help With Iron Cross And Medal Ribbon Bar Please!

These medals were given to me by an elderly German lady that said they were her great uncles. 1st question ...Im not sure if the Iron cross is authentic?Need Help With Iron Cross And  Medal Ribbon Bar Please!Need Help With Iron Cross And  Medal Ribbon Bar Please!Need Help With Iron Cross And  Medal Ribbon Bar Please!Need Help With Iron Cross And  Medal Ribbon Bar Please!Need Help With Iron Cross And  Medal Ribbon Bar Please! It appears to be 3 piece construction,I couldn't find any makers mark The Crown seems like it is not well defined? 2nd question..What is the third ribbon, the Blue one without a medal,and the last ribbon,it appears to be orange and white.....The two missing medals are being located by the lady,She said She knows they are somewhere in the home.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help With Iron Cross And  Medal Ribbon Bar Please!
    P
    Many

Yes, all appears authentic...The Veteran's Somme Bars are nice to see as well....The Bar "Durchbruchsschlacht" refers to the "Breakthrough Battle" on the Western Front in 1918....
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 09-30-2016 at 04:04 PM.

Very nice bar. I'm guessing Austrian
    for the last one. Good score.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thank you Glenn and Walkwolf, Any idea on the value as Im not familiar with The WWI Medals,Thanks Again!

Well we really do not give valuations, but recommend
    that you look on dealer sites to get an idea of
    pricing - but remember there is at least
    a 20% mark up.

Hopefully the other medals can be reunited
    with this nice bar........
    Regards,

Steve.

The iron cross is a good one.
    The blue ribbons would be for long service awards and the last one is Austrian, however,
    I am not sure which one.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Hi,

Iron Cross is OK, but the Somme clasp belongs not to him (never any battle clasps were awarded to the Iron Cross). Both are unofficial clasps to the Kyffhäuser-Kriegsdenkmünze, a medal of WW1 veterans association.

The last ribbon is Austrian, as the colleagues already wrote. This war ribbon was used for five decorations awarded during WW1: Militärverdienstkreuz (Military Merit Cross), Militärverdienstmedaiille "Signum Laudis" (Military Merit Medal), Zivil-Verdienstkreuz (Civil Merit Cross, if awarded for war merits), Franz-Josef Orden (if awarded for war merits) and Tapferkeitsmedaille (Bravery Medal). In my opinion, the last one (Bravery Medal) is most possible in this combination.

greetings
    Tomasz

Thank You,I was wondering why I couldn't find to much information on the clasps,I really appreciate all of the information so quickly!