Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help Verwundeten Abzeichen cut out

Article about: Hi All, I m hoping some of you could shed some light on a badge that I discovered. I am really interested in purchasing it but it really puzzles me! It is a cut out brass wound badge. Ive lo

Default Need help Verwundeten Abzeichen cut out

Hi All,

I m hoping some of you could shed some light on a badge that I discovered. I am really interested in purchasing it but it really puzzles me!
    It is a cut out brass wound badge. Ive looked closely for any remnants of black or silver finish. Im thinking that it may have been polished to "shine it up" however I find only minimal traces of black specks which could also be age/discolouration etc...
    The back setup confounds me. Ive never seen a pin like that on a wound badge.
    Any feedback is most eagerly awaited and of course always appreciated.

Happy hunting

Adrian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help Verwundeten Abzeichen cut out   Need help Verwundeten Abzeichen cut out  

Need help Verwundeten Abzeichen cut out  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help Verwundeten Abzeichen cut out
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Need help Verwundeten Abzeichen cut out

Hello Adrian
    I hate to see someone left hanging while waiting for a reply. I have around 30 Imperial Verwundetenabzeichen in my collection & I can
    honestly say that I have never seen one with a hinge & pin configuration like the example that you have posted. There were obviously
    many different manufacturers churning out equally many different variations of the same theme between the wars & an examination of
    the hardware of these variants will show that while differing, they will still conform to known patterns. This type of pin design is outside
    of my personal comfort zone & if offered to me I would give the badge a miss. It could of course be a perfectly legitimate badge with a
    seldom seen rear set-up, but in the absence of further proof I would err on the side of caution.

Regards
    Brett

Default Re: Need help Verwundeten Abzeichen cut out

Hello Brett,

Thank you so much for your reply. I did not purchase it in the end. It did make me a bit nervous.
    Have a great day.

Happy hunting.

Adrian