Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Dunkelblau Tunic

Article about: Gentlemen, I'm adding a new Dunkelblau Rock to the collection Anton

Default New Dunkelblau Tunic

Gentlemen,

I'm adding a new Dunkelblau Rock to the collection

New Dunkelblau TunicNew Dunkelblau TunicNew Dunkelblau TunicNew Dunkelblau TunicNew Dunkelblau TunicNew Dunkelblau Tunic

Anton

Default Re: New Dunkelblau Tunic

Handsome tunic. I like the leather reinforcment details to the button backs, buttonholes, etc.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade. That's one of the things that caught my attention and just the lower three buttons, maybe one to many beers and brats??

Anton..I take it you know it is a "Dragoons" dunkelblau (yellow piping/facings) tunic, which is not common.... it will make a splendid tunic, when you find some shoulder straps....nice one
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Nice piece.
    What has been removed from the collar? It looks like there has been a collartab attched at one time.

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Nice piece.What has been removed from the collar? It looks like there has been a collartab attched at one time.
    There should be no collar patches affixed to this tunic at anytime.....of the 26 Dragoon Regiments only 5 were authorised to wear a sort of collar patch, called "Litzen" a sort of large version of the Third Reich style army collar patch, these extended virtually around the entire collar...but sadly none of the 5 authorised regiments wore yellow facings/piping, so not on this tunic...I suggest what you see is maybe, the faint out line of NCO Tresse which has been stripped away like the rest of the insignia on this rock.....
    Prost ! Steve.

?

I really like pre war Imperial tunics. You have a nice one.

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    There should be no collar patches affixed to this tunic at anytime.....of the 26 Dragoon Regiments only 5 were authorised to wear a sort of collar patch, called "Litzen" a sort of large version of the Third Reich style army collar patch, these extended virtually around the entire collar...but sadly none of the 5 authorised regiments wore yellow facings/piping, so not on this tunic...I suggest what you see is maybe, the faint out line of NCO Tresse which has been stripped away like the rest of the insignia on this rock.....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Thank you for your answer Sir, you have a true gem in your collection.

Default Re: New Dunkelblau Tunic Update

Gentlemen,

The Dunkelblau Rock arrived today and I'm quite pleased with it. The only thing that isn't as advertised is that it appears to be marked BAXIII. (There was nothing stated about unit markings) Steve, would you happen to know what Dragoon units were assigned t the XIII Armee Korp? I'd like to find some correct Schulterklappes for it. More photos will be posted later to show the markings and collar (There appears that nothing had been removed from it, only light mothing.)

Anton

Anton...your tunic is for the "Dragoner-Regt. König (2. Württembergisches) Nr.26", garrisoned at Stuttgart-Cannstatt, the only Dragoon Regt with yellow facings attached to XIII Armee Korps ! have a look at this shoulder strap table, XIII table, bottom row, second strap, the yellow strap with red "W" and crown.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Dunkelblau Tunic  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast