Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

New Iron Cross Real or Fake?

Article about: EK2 from 1914. The core is magnetic and wobbles a little when touched, but i tried to catch fire to a thread of a ribbon, and it barely catches fire, and it does not bend. ------------------

?

Default New Iron Cross Real or Fake?

New Iron Cross Real or Fake?New Iron Cross Real or Fake?New Iron Cross Real or Fake?

EK2 from 1914. The core is magnetic and wobbles a little when touched, but i tried to catch fire to a thread of a ribbon, and it barely catches fire, and it does not bend.

-------------------------

New Iron Cross Real or Fake?New Iron Cross Real or Fake?

EK2 from 1939. The core is also magnetic, but it doesn't wobble around, I can see it's a separate piece but doesn't move, has some rust on the edges, doesn't bend. and the thread does catch fire.

Anyone can tell me if these are real or not?

thank you in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Iron Cross Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

?

Maybe these pics are better

EK2 - 1914

---------------
    EK2 - 1939

?

any help?

Please be patient, remember, the members here are from all over the world and are not on here all of the time.

The 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse should be posted here,
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/1939-...s-kreuz-forum/
    But please keep this in mind,
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Also,
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.

I suggest if you are planning on sticking around here, you look around on the forum, do some reading and familiarize yourself with the way this forum works. There are many "sticky" threads at the top of most sections to help you.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The 1914 is an original. Can't comment on the 39.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Please be patient, remember, the members here are from all over the world and are not on here all of the time.

The 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse should be posted here,
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/1939-...s-kreuz-forum/
    But please keep this in mind,
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Also,
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.

I suggest if you are planning on sticking around here, you look around on the forum, do some reading and familiarize yourself with the way this forum works. There are many "sticky" threads at the top of most sections to help you.
    Ralph.
    Very good advice with which I would concur one hundred percent.

You are very welcome here and this is a fantastic resource for collectors.

However, there are various protocols and an etiquette that should be observed in order to obtain maximum enjoyment and benefit from membership.

The membership here are a learned group and will go out of their way to help, it is just that to have two hasteners to a post in less than 24 hours is likely to be seen the same way as a parent with a youngster in the back of the car who keeps repeating "are we there yet, are we there yet?"

This is not a dig and is fairly meant The protocols are all written down and the etiquette is easy to observe by a bit of thread following. Heed this friendly advice and the benefit is manifold.

As for your crosses, they both look good in these pics and real afficianados will spot the maker from looking at the cross itself. Are there any maker marks (these are stamped into the suspension ring)? The absence of maker marks does not mean the cross is not authentic just like a cross with a mark might be fake but they do help.

As for the ribbons they both look good also but your description of your "burn test" is not clear enough. What you are looking for there is a thread that burns in much the same way as another natural material ie without melting or thick black smoke. It is not a bomproof test though because fakes exist that will pass the "burn test" and do not glow in UV light. You need to examine the weave of the material and there are threads here that will help

When asking about a cross you need to provide good clear images of the whole cross, the Swastika (or oaks), the inner and outer corners, the date and any stamp on the ring. All these need to be "straight ahead" right angle oriented and not oblique. Straigh on images of the seam at the edge are also very useful.

As I say, this is not a critiscism but friendly advice on how to get the best out of the forum and avoid critiscism.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thank you for your advice Mark, I apologize for the breach of protocol and lack of etiquette, as I'm still finding my feet around the place, and around the hobby in general. I'll try to be more careful in the future.

And to answer your question, neither have maker marks.

No worries mate! We have all been culpable of similar. I blame the internet (which ironically is why we have this resource in the first place) and the current culture of "instant" everything.

If you view this virtual place as a kind of "gentlemens club" you won't go far wrong

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."