Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Not another ring thread!

Article about: Hey guys, I see these rings kicking around, and sometimes sellers will try and make a connection to the Freikorps or WW1. I know that most of these are post-war biker rings, I'm just wonderi

?

Default Not another ring thread!

Hey guys, I see these rings kicking around, and sometimes sellers will try and make a connection to the Freikorps or WW1. I know that most of these are post-war biker rings, I'm just wondering if anyone has ever heard of, or seen any actual connection to these rings and WW1/Weimar Germany?
    Eddie

Not another ring thread!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Not another ring thread!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Not another ring thread!

These rings have nothing to do with Germany at all... William

Another 'Biker' ring.............!
    Regards,

Steve.

The "FTW", on the second finger from the left, is a biker saying "Forever Two Wheels" - We have patches made that say this on our vest, tattoos on our bodies etc......NOTHING to do with militaria at all.

FTW also means something else but this forum is far too polite to say what it is

Quote by Richie B View Post
    FTW also means something else but this forum is far too polite to say what it is
    I have the same thought about what the 'FTW' stands for................!
    Regards,

Steve.

The “Other” meaning of “FTW” is one that has been created simply by those that look at the acronym and place an arbitrary meaning to it, especially thinking that the motorcycle community is a rebellious crowd that is against the world, which they are anything but.

The term “Forever Two Wheels” dates back to the early motorcycle clubs that evolved right after WWII, small groups of soldiers that were looking for the same kind of bond they had with their Brothers in Arms. Many found riding as their escape and the common bond between like minded soldiers, and so first motorcycle groups/clubs were formed from this. FTW has always and will always be a term used by bikers, it’s passed around as part of the language of bikers and is as common as the biker wave and the acronym H-D (Harley Davidson). FTW can be found tattooed on bikers old and new, on helmet stickers, jewelry, patches etc., always carrying the meaning of Forever Two Wheels! The “other” meaning of FTW is a misnomer.

Despite the denial's to the public to the contrary, "FTW" is an old and longtime very well-known biker phrase that means "F*** The World"......(Don't ask me how I know this...) And,as for the biker community being just a big old bunch of people who like to ride bikes and travel the country together,this may well be true to-to That Extent. For the rest of the world, bikers are more than well represented by the thousands upon Thousands of the Other kind of bikers-such as the Outlaws,Hells Angels, Mongols,etc etc etc-all over the world now. If these clubs were just small local get-together things,I could agree with the fun-loving riding groups,but....over the course of the last 6 decades....uhh...no. But,in Any Case...none of this has to do with this forum or it's purpose and I don't intend to get into a long exchange and debate over biker brotherhood and love. This is a War Relics forum and this is Hardly a relevant subject. William

.......... !

We also used to rumor it was from doing time. If it were the other,
    in correct grammar it should be 'TWF'..................
    Regards,

Steve.

Agreed Wagriff, was not my intent to open a debate on the origans of a non war relic related term, although I guess it did come across that way, I'm just big on trying to keep waters from getting muddied as they seem to do over the years with various interpretations of things. But again, as you say, not a topic for this forum.

Either way, I belive it is agreed that the acronym is assured to be post WWII thus answering the question of this thread.

Respects,

Russ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast