Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Officer's Bavarian Military Merit Medal

Article about: Hello imperial members. I am interested in this beauty. Maybe the most beautiful medal i have ever seen. It's more like a jewel than a medal. Anyway it seems to be original to me, but as alw

Exclamation Officer's Bavarian Military Merit Medal

Hello imperial members. I am interested in this beauty. Maybe the most beautiful medal i have ever seen. It's more like a jewel than a medal.
    Anyway it seems to be original to me, but as always i would like to get your valuable feedback too. I made a google search and found some info in wikipedia.
    It says that flames started being silver after 1905. Can we know when this medal was awarded? Was it for WWI?
    Also what do you think of the ribbon? Could it be original to the medal in this nice condition or just a replacement?
    Thanks in advance. Chris.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Officer's Bavarian Military Merit Medal   Officer's Bavarian Military Merit Medal  

Officer's Bavarian Military Merit Medal   Officer's Bavarian Military Merit Medal  

Officer's Bavarian Military Merit Medal   Officer's Bavarian Military Merit Medal  

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Officer's Bavarian Military Merit Medal
    P
    Many

Default Re: Officer's Bavarian Military Merit Medal

Chris,looks to a fine original example of a silver 4th class with swords (but without Crown), award, as you say "flames" added 1905 on, swords indicated combat/wartime award, so a WW1 awarded medal. The ribbon is correct, and could be a replacement or an original in very good condition. I would expect the ribbon to of stayed in its presentation box, hence its condition, whilst the medal was probably mounted on a bar, as it is a high end award, and I would expect its reciepient to hold a plethera of awards. I can see it is marked , silver content "900" ? can you confirm marks ? Worth approx £200 +.
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Chris,looks to a fine original example of a silver 4th class with swords (but without Crown), award, as you say "flames" added 1905 on, swords indicated combat/wartime award, so a WW1 awarded medal. The ribbon is correct, and could be a replacement or an original in very good condition. I would expect the ribbon to of stayed in its presentation box, hence its condition, whilst the medal was probably mounted on a bar, as it is a high end award, and I would expect its reciepient to hold a plethera of awards. I can see it is marked , silver content "900" ? can you confirm marks ? Worth approx £200 +.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Hi Steve and thanks for your help as always. I haven't asked the seller yet but it seems '900' mark to me too. Price was $375 and now is lowered to $300. I think it's a fair price considering the chip on the left arm and the small crack in the middle of the medal. I'll take it asap

KSH
    ?

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    Hi Steve and thanks for your help as always. I haven't asked the seller yet but it seems '900' mark to me too. Price was $375 and now is lowered to $300. I think it's a fair price considering the chip on the left arm and the small crack in the middle of the medal. I'll take it asap
    These are beautiful medals, I second that! Hope you no-one beats you to it

- Kenneth

It was love at first sight Kenneth

KSH
    ?

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    It was love at first sight Kenneth
    These pieces really display so much workmanship! I am in love with this one here with the hand-painted castle ruin on it: Beauty of Old Orders

I want one with swords and one without swords

- Kenneth

Very nice indeed. Like i said they are jewels. But i would prefer to get something like this. Of course i could never afford it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Officer's Bavarian Military Merit Medal  

KSH
    ?

I see we differ somewhat in aesthetic taste. I wouldn't even think of putting the house order of the Hohenzollern family over the Order of the Zähringer Lion, even though I am actually related to the Hohenzollern family It is rather expensive yes. More affordable with EKs

- Kenneth

Quote by KSH View Post
    I see we differ somewhat in aesthetic taste. I wouldn't even think of putting the house order of the Hohenzollern family over the Order of the Zähringer Lion, even though I am actually related to the Hohenzollern family It is rather expensive yes. More affordable with EKs

- Kenneth
    Lol sure EKs are more affordable