Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Opinion on M16 German helmet(s)

Article about: Hello guys, I'm new to the forum here,thanks for having me. I have been looking for a German WW1 helmet a few months now but my knowledge is very limited on this subject... I would like some

Default Opinion on M16 German helmet(s)

Hello guys,

I'm new to the forum here,thanks for having me.

I have been looking for a German WW1 helmet a few months now but my knowledge is very limited on this subject...

I would like some expert advice if possible before I spend hundreds of euros on an item that is not 100% historically correct.
    I hear and read alot about how some helmets are aged really good so you can hardly tell it's original,or the paint isn't original,etc... I don't see it...

The first one is for sale for 700 euro

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The second one is for sale for 625 euro.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Sorry for the heavy post,any opinions,advice,do's or don'ts are welcome,should I buy the first or the second one? Or none? Should really help me alot.

Thank you

With kind regards

Kukke
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion on M16 German helmet(s)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion on M16 German helmet(s)
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum.
    We try not to talk much about prices on the forum but I hate to see someone's first
    post go unanswered.

I am not an expert in helmets but both helmet shells look very good to me. I personally
    would prefer the second helmet. I have bad feelings about the liner in the first one. IMO
    it just looks too new. Maybe a real helmet expert can give a better advice.

As for values. I think both helmets are over priced.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I can only echo with Greg's comments.
    Also As we do not allow the use of outside photo hosting sites, please edit your post and upload all of you photos directly to this thread in the same manner that the bottom photo has been done.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Paint on both seem fine. But I echo the others. the liner (and chin strap) on first don't look correct.

The first helmet is an M17, and the second is an M16.

That said, I too am not fully up to speed on WW1 liners so best wait for a few more opinions.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I'd like to see photos of the felt Pickelhaube.

Thank you for the responses guys,I will respect the forum rules in my next posts,sorry for that.

My apoligies

@Glenn66 : The pictures are from the seller,I don't think the Pickelhaube is for sale...

Kind regards

Doesn't hurt to ask!