Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

opinion wanted

Article about: Hi Guys This is a little off topic but I just bought a new (to me) used camera yesterday and I am trying to see if it will work on close-up shots.

Thanks Ralph. I couldn't agree more about lighting.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement opinion wanted
    P
    Many

Ok, wasn't sure I guess how well versed you were in camera stuff, but it sounds like you are. Photography is just tough, period, to get "that" shot. I got my one fairly cruddy example of an EK out, dusted it a little and set up for a quick shoot... I probably just blew an hour easy, I wasn't happy with any of the shots I was getting ;-( So, it can take a lot of reshoots to get that one perfect image you're proud of.

I finally gave up on the tabletop tripod, couldn't get an angle I like that reflected the light off the edges in a way that complemented the EK. Reflective items are even tougher to shoot... So here it is, stopped down to f8 for decent depth of field, 1/2 second exposure off the side of a book (weird, I had to shut off the image stabilization, I swear it was trying to overcompensate and was making the shots blurry). Still not totally happy with it, but not ashamed to show it. Using a Panasonic Lumix LX5.

opinion wanted

Nice shot.

Shutting off the the image stabilization is something I need to try as I have
    heard from different soarces that it can cause problems on close up shots.

I am still trying to learn this camera and all it's quirks. Some of it's features
    are way different then what I am used to with my old Nikon.

Thanks,
    Greg
    gregM

myself around.

MAP
    ?

Better then my cell phone
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I thank you all for your help.
    I'm afraid I am done for tonight, tomorrow comes really early for me.

Thanks again.
    gregM

myself around.

Yr welcome ;-)

What's the new camera, and what's your old Nikon? I've got an older Nikon too, D200 with some nice lenses, but I think I can do better with the Lumix most of the time. A big DSLR is a lot more work, but then again, the resolution from those lenses kicks major butt! I should try that shot again with the 60mm Micro lens and see if I like as much or more than the point n' shoot. I bought a 75-300 this summer for the Nikon, that was pretty cool, got me shots like this.

opinion wanted

opinion wanted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2