Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinions on M16 Camo

Article about: Thanks Ade, Steve and everyone else for the help. I was able to talk them down to \\$275 plus \\$10 shipping. I will post pictures once I get it! Alec

Default Re: Opinions on M16 Camo

Thanks Ade, Steve and everyone else for the help. I was able to talk them down to $275 plus $10 shipping. I will post pictures once I get it!

Alec

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on M16 Camo
    P
    Many

Default M16 Salty Camo Helmet

From the thread I had up before about this helmet, I recently got it in the mail and got some pictures of it. It is in pretty rough shape, camo colors have faded and in some parts almost gone. It has no liner and some of the chinstrap still hanging on. This is my first camo and I really like it. It is named to Seg??? Dengler. I have no idea why there is that rod sticking out of it, but it is now part of the helmet and will most likely always be there.

Alec
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on M16 Camo   Opinions on M16 Camo  

Opinions on M16 Camo   Opinions on M16 Camo  

Default Re: M16 Salty Camo Helmet

Very nice, I like it!

The rod is very interesting... do you think the rod is a military issue item related to the helmet... maybe part of the tool to work on that particular type of helmet? Or do you think the rod is a foreign item that someone stuck in there for giggles sometime during this lid's ~100 year life?

Default Re: M16 Salty Camo Helmet

Alec.....you have already started a discuission on this helmet here.. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...16-camo-93400/ why start a new one ? if you now have it in hand, you should of added further /fresh photographs to the old thread, not only to keep it alive, but more importantly not to clog up valuable space on the forum...... I have merged the threads. As stated before, that rod should not be there, IMO it makes the helmet look silly, it looks like it has been there for some time......although if had it been there back in 1918, I think the Germans would of won the war, as the Allied troops would of been incapacitated by fits of laughter !...I would personally remove it. The helmet by the way is mm "ET" being " Eisenhuettenwerke Thale A.G." in Thale in the Harz region of Germany. The helmet is a size 64. Prost! Steve.
    Last edited by oradour; 09-13-2011 at 01:45 PM.

Thanks Steve,

Sorry about that I don't know why I started another thread. As for the rod, it is stuck in there pretty tight. I did not want to try to pull it out in fear that I might damage the helmet.

Thanks,

Alec

Cut it off then !
    Prost ! Steve.......

Steve,

I can understand your dislike for the rod but I find it unnecessary for me to fiddle with it at all right now. When on display you cannot see it with the normal side facing out. I pefer to leave items as I find them, once they become someone elses they can do what they please.

Thanks,

Alec

This is just a thought, but I wonder if that rod is in there to paint the helmet. It would be something you could hold onto the helmet by while you're painting it. I have seen a photo of an actual platoon/company of German soldiers whose job it was to camo paint helmets in large quantities. Maybe this was one of their tools.

Haha did you list this on ebay or did it just manage to make its way around?
    Salty WWI WW1 German Camo Helmet | eBay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2