Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Orginal WW1 German Buckle?

Article about: Hello everyone, I recently got this belt buckle and I was wondering whether or not it is an original piece. I like belt buckles quite allot but I am not very well informed on them so all hel

Default Orginal WW1 German Buckle?

Hello everyone,

I recently got this belt buckle and I was wondering whether or not it is an original piece.
    I like belt buckles quite allot but I am not very well informed on them so all help is appreciated

Kind regards,
    Lucas
    Orginal WW1 German Buckle?Orginal WW1 German Buckle?Orginal WW1 German Buckle?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Orginal WW1 German Buckle?
    P
    Many

?

Looks ok to me.

100% Original. It's a private purchase buckle, purchased by the soldier and not issued by his unit.

Thank you all for the help! It makes me very happy to hear that it's all original.
    I was wondering though, what are some of the most obvious differences between the unit issued and private purchase buckles?

Very nice and original Tombak made buckle
    Ben

I was wondering though, what are some of the most obvious differences between the unit issued and private purchase buckles?
    A Tomback buckle box, and the punched out style of catch on the back side of the buckle are 2-obvious differences. Private purchase buckles will often times have one or both of these two characteristics. Model 1895 Issue buckles were normally made of Brass, and they used the welded on brass "U" shaped rod on the back side for their catch.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Alan

Thank you two for the extra information, I didn't know that before. I would like to collect some more belt buckles in the future so this is very helpful

Best regards,
    Lucas