Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Paul König Signature; original or facsimile?

Article about: I bet if you ask him nicely to turn the page over in his "grandads" album he will find a nice M35 DOUBLE DECAL SS HELMET stuffed in between the pages for you!! What an absolute A**

Default Re: Paul König Signature; original or facsimile?

I bet if you ask him nicely to turn the page over in his "grandads" album he will find a nice M35 DOUBLE DECAL SS HELMET stuffed in between the pages for you!! What an absolute A*******. Glad you asked the questions and exposed this scumbag!!

FALLSCHIRMJAGER: One of the questions I asked him was what was his grandfather's relationship and interest in the U-Deutschland, and where was he that would have allowed him to make personal contact with Paul König? I received this answer this morning by email from a different email address than was used in the earlier emails. The italics are mine.

Dear Dwight, Thank you for the message. My grandfather had this card in one of the early (inter-war) albums. It was just placed in an envelope with three nice ORIGINAL photos of the Crown Prince and the Prussian Royal family. One of the cards has very nice signatures, no doubt original, of all those on the front of the card... He took a lot of care to protect these. Unfortunately, I can't tell you more than that about the origin. However, my grandfather lived in Breslau and Munich between 1922-1941 and was, as most boys of his generation, interested in military history. After all he came from military family. He also served as a panzer officer during WWII. I know that he met many WWI generals (as my uncle still has few pictures of them) and other military personalities, such as von Luckner.

The point of all this is, if the postcard he was trying to sell me is the one he bought on Ebay under the name weissundblau, then he obviously didn't find it in his grandad's album. But, if the postcard he bought on Ebay is a second, identical postcard to the one he tried to sell me, then he now has two identical facsimiles. Either way, the deal stinks. Probably the more important lesson here is to always vett before you buy. Dwight

Well done my friend that this "tall" story of sky scrapeing proportions did'nt fool you.Provenence on any item is desired,but elaborate lies are worthless as in the end they will get found out by the dogged inquirer!!! P.S. A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.
    Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 12-08-2012 at 09:13 AM.

Dwight:

I don´t know where the guy found this postcard. He probably would provide the card only with an interesting history. But in my oppinion it is a real signature of Paul König. If it were a printed signature, you would be able to see it on the back. A slight shadow of the pressure stamp would be seen. Furthermore, these postcards would have been printed in hundreds. And they would often see today. But that's not the case (thank goodness)

Kind regrads
    Claas

Claas: You're right when you say that if the signed card was mass-produced, we should find more for sale. You're a better judge of that than I since I buy postcards only for research purposes, so I don't really study the market. But I don't think there would be any indication of the signature on the reverse side due to pressure of the stamp. Such a facsimle signature would have been added during the printing of the card rather than after the fact. I have three facsimile signitures of Adolf Hitler on documents issued to my father-in-law allowing the receipt of foreign awards and there is no indication of the fascimiles on the reverse side. And the paper used for those documents is much lighter than card stock. In any event, the guy's a fraud and a liar. Dwight

" In any event, the guy's a fraud and a liar." Dwight you hit the nail on the head. I actually thought the signature could of been real. I wish one of us could of snagged it up but the guy is a lying turd. Not worth the risk.

Luke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2